What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well.. I have screwed up everything so far I think. First, I had to move inside because of the wind. Then, my thermometer was off when I mashed in and I mashed in at like 180. I figured it out quickly and added some ice cubes to get it down. Now, I'm doing BIAB and I just figured out my efficiency it was 31% according to the calculator. Well, if it ends up tasting anything like beer in the end that'll be alright. I think I should practice drinking beer now since I'm not so good at this brewing thing. Admittedly, these were mistakes that I can correct and just proves I need to learn more to get better. Thought I'd share and at least give you guys a laugh. I'm drinking a Yuengling now.

Developing a recipe for a tripel. In the meantime drinking them.

image-457405167.jpg

Right on.

Sugarloaf during the winter. Moosehead Lake during the summer. :rockin::rockin:

Moosehead has too many yuppies and flat landers. (No offense to the majority of you here that are flat landers, though certainly not yuppies) I live at sugarloaf in the winter, and off the banks of the penobscot near winterport In the summer. I like my spots, nice seeing seals, and eagles and catching salt water fish right from my deck.

And to make this post relevant. Fat tire clone. Getting ready to crush some grains

20130406_121716_Hagrid.jpg

TNGabe said:
And to celebrate no longer being self-employed:

I know the feeling...ironically shutting down my business was one of the most freeing feelings of my life. Cheers.

The last of my milk stout. I wanted a full pint of it after working outside, but I only got 6oz, because the keg kicked. That's ok, there's room for my keg of cream ale now...

Bitter Root Nut Brown from a trade with LoloMT7. I have had 3 beers from this brewery, a BIPA ( outstanding) a red (outstanding) and this one (solid example of the style). Lolo, you are lucky to have this brewery so close to you.

Yeah by far my favorite close by brewery. Glad that you have enjoyed them.

At a burger joint, ordered a country fried bacon gravy burger with a fried egg on top. Also Schlafly's Black IPA it is incredible. I need them to start bottling it so I can share.

image-1679114596.jpg

xMalachi said:
At a burger joint, ordered a country fried bacon gravy burger with a fried egg on top. Also Schlafly's Black IPA it is incredible. I need them to start bottling it so I can share.

That burger sounds awesome!

View attachment 113742

Nice. That beer sounds awesome. Screw the burger. :D

I bottled a black IPA 2 weeks ago. Not ready yet, unfortunately.

I'm just on my deck having another Sierra Nevada Torpedo. The weather is great (50F outside). :rockin:

xMalachi said:

I think I'd rather see a pic of the burger than the beer..... Just sayin....

NIZZLE said:
I bet that burger looked like this.

Haha almost. Here is a picture from the restaurant's Facebook. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of it :( There was a beautiful breaded crust on the burger that the picture doesn't really show.

image-2043626532.jpg

Remmy said:

It was very tasty but one dimensional IMO, very piney but not much else. I guess I was expecting a little more depth. Little carb but to b expected, poured clear copper and medium mouth feel. Def would enjoy again, but no G'night or resin.

Bruins vs. Canadiens. Deserved another 4 pack of monks. Phone is dead again so here's the picture from the last 4 pack.

20130401_152802_Hagrid_Anne.jpg

12 bucks for a 4er Ridiculous deal. I would pay that for just the abt12 I love this beer.

Remmy said:
Had this last week. Rating: 2/5

Had this last week as well. Too sweet. Rating: 2/5

I Agree but SWMBO likes this and after 7 hours of golf and club activity i like it too, hehe!

After working on the deck all day it's time for dinner ... at the brewery that's two minutes from home. This is a flight of three single hops beers (and at $10 for three 10 ounce beers is a deal!). Left one is an APA with 01210 - pretty tame
Middle is IIPA with 03129 - no aroma but nice finish
Right is IPA with 06300 - best one some aroma and nice balance

image-1796587120.jpg

mcbaumannerb said:
After working on the deck all day it's time for dinner ... at the brewery that's two minutes from home. This is a flight of three single hops beers (and at $10 for three 10 ounce beers is a deal!). Left one is an APA with 01210 - pretty tame
Middle is IIPA with 03129 - no aroma but nice finish
Right is IPA with 06300 - best one some aroma and nice balance

Was down your way today at phoenixville cc. Stopped at iron hill and had 4-5 hop-anonomous'. Hopopotomus was too much for the hour and half ride home. Awesome drink and way too many dogs lol

Back