Do these jeans make my ass look fat?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no, your ass makes your ass look fat!:p

That reminds me of why I no longer ask my husband, "Does this outfit make me look fat?". The last time I asked, he studied me for a minute and then said, "No. That dress does NOT make you look fat. It's your body that makes you look fat." After I hit him, I never asked him again.

After I hit him, I never asked him again.

+1 HWMO has used the term "dumpy" thinking that it was less offensive. :mad:

Advice to men: unless SWMBO looks really bad and shouldn't appear in front of people in what she's chosen to wear, tell her she looks nice.

EDIT: I just realized that I ask this question in 2 different situations:

1. I ACTUALLY want to know if it doesn't flatter me, so I don't wear it.

or

2. I REALLY like the outfit, and even though I'm not sure I look 100% awesome in it, if HWMO says it looks good, it will give me the boost of confidence needed to pull it off.

Good luck deciphering between those two situations if your SWMBO is similar.

I've told my wife never to ask that question. She's going to get the same answer every time. You know, the one that ensures my preservation.

That reminds me of why I no longer ask my husband, "Does this outfit make me look fat?". The last time I asked, he studied me for a minute and then said, "No. That dress does NOT make you look fat. It's your body that makes you look fat." After I hit him, I never asked him again.

Wait, was this your husband, or your ex-husband?

Advice to men: unless SWMBO looks really bad and shouldn't appear in front of people in what she's chosen to wear, tell her she looks nice.

I may get modded for this, but...

You are crazy as hell! You NEVER, EVER, EVER tell SWMBO she looks bad no matter what she looks like. True or not, needed or not, you will catch grief for that one comment for the rest of your life (or longer...)

Don't answer that!

iat.jpg

Finally, a subject I can respond to on the debate forum.
Yes John, those jeans make your ass look fat. :D
On the other hand, I know that it's the fat ass on me and not the jeans that make me look fat. :(

You are crazy as hell!

That may in fact be true, but irrelevant to this situation. :p

You NEVER, EVER, EVER tell SWMBO she looks bad no matter what she looks like. True or not, needed or not, you will catch grief for that one comment for the rest of your life (or longer...)

Perhaps... You may catch hell either way if you let her leave the house in something that looks godawful and she sees the pictures later of what she looked like.

I guess I'd want to know if I was about to go out in something that didn't look nice (although I would probably already suspect it and just be confirming with HWMO). Mileage may vary depending on insanity factor of your (generic you) SWMBO.

Herein lies the fundamental difference between the sexes. If a woman tells a man he looks stupid in something, he will either ignore her or change without taking it personally.

If a man says his woman looks silly in something, he will pay for it. For a long, long, long time.

meh...you could always tell her you don't like the dress, doesn't have anything to do with her ass.

or you could say "i prefer you look dumpy, that way the other guys don't hit on my fine-ass girl." think that will work? :D

Herein lies the fundamental difference between the sexes. If a woman tells a man he looks stupid in something, he will either ignore her or change without taking it personally.

If a man says his woman looks silly in something, he will pay for it. For a long, long, long time.

Amen to that! My SWMBO sometimes wears things that I don't exactly think look the greatest on her she always can tell if I'm lying by the inflection in my voice.

And the fact that we can pee standing up and not have it dribble down our legs.

I had this situation come up recently. She asked if her outfit looked OK, and I said she looked good.

Ten minutes later, she comes back downstairs in a completely different outfit. Why ask my opinion?

I guess I'd want to know if I was about to go out in something that didn't look nice

"You guess" you'd want to know right until I open my mouth. At which point you would decidedly not want to know and I would then be responsible for your hurt feelings. Sorry, not falling for that trap (again).

Rally wanna know if your ass looks fat? or your dress is ugly? Go look in a mirror. Because no matter what it looks like, if you ask me it looks very nice.

You know what? I've given this some thought and come up with a solution!

Take a picture of you in those jeans from behind and fairly close up. Take a picture of your naked butt the same way. We women will tell you which way we prefer it. Does that sound fair? I personally think it's a brilliant solution!

Rally wanna know if your ass looks fat? or your dress is ugly? Go look in a mirror.

+1 If the person asking the question can't be a grown up about it, they shouldn't ask. Chances are excellent that if they are asking the 'fat' question, they already know the answer and just don't want to believe it.

Take a picture of you in those jeans from behind and fairly close up. Take a picture of your naked butt the same way. We women will tell you which way we prefer it. Does that sound fair? I personally think it's a brilliant solution!

Only one problem with that: men don't care how their butts look. It's there for sitting and sh***ing, nothing more.:)

SWMBO just wants to know if the jeans flatter her or not. Naturally, I never say that her ass looks fat, but I do tell her if the jeans are cut wrong for her. If she asks for an explanation of "cut wrong" I say that maybe they are just the wrong color. If they are standard blue jeans, I blame the pockets for being too big or too small. SWMBOs ass is never the problem, ever. That ass is just perfect for me.

OMG Yooper, you are a genius!!!! +1 for the idea.

The one way you could nicely say it to her is "I would much rather see you naked and those jeans would look great on the floor at the foot of the bed..."

I had this situation come up recently. She asked if her outfit looked OK, and I said she looked good.

Ten minutes later, she comes back downstairs in a completely different outfit. Why ask my opinion?

That would be exactly what happened if that happened in my house because SWMBO knows I am absolutely hopeless when it comes to fashion! If you have ever seen my daughter when she was younger and I had to dress her, you would have said ~ oh how cute! you dressed yourself today!!!

And on another note, SWMBO tells me that I have a "cute little butt" and you'd have to ask her for pictures...:D

Back