On the verge of distributing beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job on starting Bog Iron! Do you have any sales locations lines up on the Boston area? There are a few places near me that pride themselves on their sale of nano-beers (er, beers from nano breweries, not microscopic beers). If you've gotten any of them lined up, I'd love to be an early customer. Do you source all of your barley and hops locally? If so, congratulations! An extra challenge!

On a side note, I know that the founder of Notch Brewing has a beer locator similar to the one on your site, based on Google Maps API. He found that he couldn't keep it updated, that it wasn't worth the time even if he tried, and the fact that it WAS there and now is no longer there is more of an issue than if it ever was. Food for thought.

My local whole foods has a pub that seems to only use cornys from both local and big name craft breweries.

I doubt they are actual cornies but rather simple "logs" or "pins"... they are 1/6th kegs that have sanke keg connections. They look very similar to cornies but have the standard keg connection. i have never heard of a commercial brewery using cornies since cornies are nothing more than old Coke and Pepsi soda kegs.

Brewlocal... I don't want to threadjack this thread so I'll PM you but the short answer is yes, we already have a client list and that client list already has us over capacity.

I doubt they are actual cornies but rather simple "logs" or "pins"... they are 1/6th kegs that have sanke keg connections. They look very similar to cornies but have the standard keg connection. i have never heard of a commercial brewery using cornies since cornies are nothing more than old Coke and Pepsi soda kegs.

Brewlocal... I don't want to threadjack this thread so I'll PM you but the short answer is yes, we already have a client list and that client list already has us over capacity.

That would make more sense. I don't keg so i didn't know the difference.

Does anyone use them for homebrew?

Thanks for all the input and yes i am very green in these regards. My homebrew is quite popular and now that ND is passing self dist legislation, i am getting peppered with requests to put my beer on draft by businesz owners. Maybe "on the verge" wasnt correct. My apologies.

Right now, the most important thing for you to do is talk to a lawyer.

Long day today. We are now looking at partnering with an existing winery that dabbles in homebrew supply. The make and sell wine , have the commerical space and are willing to work with us. Many more unknowns to discover, but this is a step in the right direction. THe best part is that they have a big three tiered system they ordered a year ago that hasn't sold. 15 gallon capacity.......may have to put that baby to work full time.

Make sure you can legally brew wine and beer in the same place.

Turns out Arizona has some law (that no one can explain) that you can't commercially produce beer and wine in the same business. :drunk:

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarep...fighting-law-open-arizona-winery-brewery.html

Cape Brewing said:
We're on a 1.5 bbl system and while we ABSOLUTELY knew this going in, at that scale, it is impossible to make any money. We can work around the clock if we want and sell every drop and at the end of the year, each one of us would make a couple grand.

thanks for being transparent about this. It's the sort of detail I've been envisioning (used to work in construction and in restaurants) but hadn't seen in many of the nano reports here.

If it's not prying too much, can I ask why the heck you'd go through all that if you knew you'd make no money? You going for proof of concept to qualify for a loan to get big?

Also, may I ask what your sales plan looks like: retail(direct to consumer/on premise), self-distribution, wholesale? Are you kegging, bottling, or some mixture thereof?

Thanks, and cheers for having the balls to take a shot at the dream!
Drew

thanks for being transparent about this. It's the sort of detail I've been envisioning (used to work in construction and in restaurants) but hadn't seen in many of the nano reports here.

If it's not prying too much, can I ask why the heck you'd go through all that if you knew you'd make no money? You going for proof of concept to qualify for a loan to get big?

Also, may I ask what your sales plan looks like: retail(direct to consumer/on premise), self-distribution, wholesale? Are you kegging, bottling, or some mixture thereof?

Thanks, and cheers for having the balls to take a shot at the dream!
Drew

I started a whole new thread as I didnt want to threadjack.

Back