What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow this is sooo good. (For a west coast ipa) :) ;) jokingggg

image.jpg

Drank this awesome Winter Ale from Granvill Island Brewing last night. Didn't think I would like it but it was delicious.

2013-12-03 19.16.08.jpg

Rootbeer but I get to return the iPad I had to wait 25 days for because T-Mobile is full of absolute jackasses because there is a dent in back. Now I get to go to the back of the line and wait for another. :mad: first world problems, no doubt.

Rootbeer but I get to return the iPad I had to wait 25 days for because T-Mobile is full of absolute jackasses because there is a dent in back. Now I get to go to the back of the line and wait for another. :mad: first world problems, no doubt.

You need to put that rootbeer into a square cup so you can have a beer to get rid of your first world problems. :) That sucks by the way

I'm working on a Full Sail Wassail. My first winter beer of the season and it's not too bad. I'm not sure what I was expecting but it's drinkable.

Must of not been an air because those things would just break in half instead of dent!! BTW whats T mobile?

You need to put that rootbeer into a square cup so you can have a beer to get rid of your first world problems. :) That sucks by the way
Trust me, I get how over-entitled and bratty I sound. It's just been a nightmare. If they didn't run my credit for cell service already I would just walk into Apple and buy one tonight. I knew better than this but didn't listen to my own advice. Next time, as always, I'll shop at Apple.
Must of not been an air because those things would just break in half instead of dent!! BTW whats T mobile?

Yeah T-Mobile is a cell carrier. Figured I would just wait out the backorder situation when I ordered. I was okay with that. Then they messed up delaying my order by another 15 days. I got it today and it was dented (iPad Mini 2). It's not back at UPS and I am back in line waiting.

I'm curious, what does BCS retail for at the stores? I get them directly from my cousin who is a distributor, so the normal BCS is only about $14 for a four pack. The coconut and Backyard Rye are a lot more expensive.

I shelled out just under $20 for a 4 pack. Considering I drove 2hrs round trip at 10pm, I was willing to pay a lot. Now I just need to find Backwoods Bastard.

Had a FBS and now the red that was brewed by my broobie (brew+noobie. Or maybe it should be brewbie), that got to experience a 10 gal AG batch with me this past weekend, brought by. He did a good job.

And I am cleaning house some more. Got a prospective tenant coming by tomorrow.

Bumb. BCBS coffee and rye hit the shelves at 4:05 today. I called and they said at 1 bottle limit per person, it was sold out in 5 minutes.

I won't chase beer like this. If I can get a trade then great, but holy hell, I could spend a lot of time and gas trying to get a 12 oz bottle.

Bumb. BCBS coffee and rye hit the shelves at 4:05 today. I called and they said at 1 bottle limit per person, it was sold out in 5 minutes.

I won't chase beer like this. If I can get a trade then great, but holy hell, I could spend a lot of time and gas trying to get a 12 oz bottle.

That is ridiculous! one bottle limits shouldnt be allowed, maybe 4 but come on

But even 1 bottle limit, supposedly sold out. If it is true and the e-mail hit at 4:05 (he gave the time) and they were out by 4:10 then there have to be some campers. I want their life. If this place had free wifi then perhaps I'd work from there.

But even 1 bottle limit, supposedly sold out. If it is true and the e-mail hit at 4:05 (he gave the time) and they were out by 4:10 then there have to be some campers. I want their life. If this place had free wifi then perhaps I'd work from there.

There's no easy answer for beers with high demand and low availability. If the shop got a case and sold the 4-packs then there are only six happy customers. Selling a bottle leaves less happy customers, but at least there are 24 of them. The other option would be they charge $50 or $75 to kill demand, but that would just piss everyone off.

There's no easy answer for beers with high demand and low availability. If the shop got a case and sold the 4-packs then there are only six happy customers. Selling a bottle leaves less happy customers, but at least there are 24 of them. The other option would be they charge $50 or $75 to kill demand, but that would just piss everyone off.

Totally. I do not know what they got but earlier label approval failed in NC for the beers. Either way, I will do trades, even those can be tough because people obviously want "whale" beers for these beers. In the end, I probably won't care as much if I just ignore it. I'll get the BCBS and the one coffee and then be totally satisfied.

If a shop gets 1 case, I think a 1 bottle limit is reasonable. Frustrating, but reasonable.

Totally. I do not know what they got but earlier label approval failed in NC for the beers. Either way, I will do trades, even those can be tough because people obviously want "whale" beers for these beers. In the end, I probably won't care as much if I just ignore it. I'll get the BCBS and the one coffee and then be totally satisfied.

I'm glad I live in a town that doesn't really care all that much about craft beer. Whenever the popular special releases come out, my shop offers them to the beer club first, but nine times out of ten it's on the shelves within a week for the general public and then it's usually a while before the last one goes.

I'm glad I live in a town that doesn't really care all that much about craft beer. Whenever the popular special releases come out, my shop offers them to the beer club first, but nine times out of ten it's on the shelves within a week for the general public and then it's usually a while before the last one goes.

Working for a shop probably helps too ;)

Can't wait to try it. Found it in MD while visiting. Just one 4 pack per customer. Should have asked a stranger to go back in for me and buy another. Probably going to enjoy one Friday and stash the rest. Is this better served cold like 30's or at a higher temp?

IMG_20131204_161507.jpg

Today has been great! Besides the fact that its freezing cold, I got free lunch, an awesome trade package from hello with more HB than I expected, and my KS life, health and accident insurance license! :D

To celebrate im having Hello's "slacker stout". Apparently I was more concerned with trying it than taking a decent picture haha Great brew Hello! I think this is better than the growler of black angus stout I was drinking last night, no joke! keep up the great brewing, I look forward to our HB trade next year and the rest of your HB's I have yet to try here :mug:

2013-12-04 17.28.46.jpg

2013-12-04 17.26.23.jpg

Hmmm ... does that mean you'll only have your meh pils?

nah. I still have 12 of last years Winter Ale from Summit, some of my Horehound Ale, a Dragon's Milk, a bomber of Blacorn Unidragon, a '13 Bigfoot, one last '08 BCBS, my BW from '09 (the last '07 is for our oldest son), about 24 of my '11 BW, 4 of my Big '10 BW, and a bunch of my Port & Pyment. and I still walk around going, "There's nothing to drink...":smack:

Having a couple of these

image-3296812881.jpg

Question for y'all. I have been reading pros and cons of ss brew kettles and alum kettles. But I want some brewer experience! My wife bought me an alum 40qt kettle, opinions yes or no. Like I said I have read quite a bit and I take from my readings yes

Latest posts

Back