What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewing a downtown brown clone for my brother sipping on some fegleys Hop'solutely...

image-1889938123.jpg

mastersudconsumer said:
I drink lots of scotch and cognacs, we know what expensive bottles cost but singles r outrageous

No doubt! For two doubles here I could buy a fifth at the liquor store! Almost.

tyzippers said:
No doubt! For two doubles here I could buy a fifth at the liquor store! Almost.
Last year I played a golf at trump national inNJ. He has a scotch bar in the club house, my partner and myself had 2 scotches 2 stogies. $140

mastersudconsumer said:
Last year I played a golf at trump national inNJ. He has a scotch bar in the club house, my partner and myself had 2 scotches 2 stogies. $140

Yikes!! I guess that sounds par for the course! :-D

Sounds like something I would so once. I'm a fan of Gran Mariner and the older bottle (I think it's the 100 year old stuff) is one I'll order every once in a while. I think it like $35-$40 per glass but damn it's good!

My Belgian Pale.

90% 2 Row, 10% Wheat Malt, a pinch of acidulated malt. Noble hop of your choice to 30 IBU, dry hop w/ 1oz American IPA hop of your choice. Ferment w/ WLP550 or similar at 70F. Perfection!

Leadgolems coffee wine. This is very unique. Similar to coffee liquor but thinner and less sweet. At 14.7% I'm forecasting buzzed with partly cloudy skies!

I've checked it out in the recipe section of the forum and been wanting to brew it for a while now. It just sounds too good.

Alchemist was out by early this afternoon!

Sounds about right.

That's how I feel about NEBCO. But on the other hand, more people will get to taste their fantastic brews. It just sucks going to your local spot sometimes and having 9 billion tourists there. I totally get that.

Nah... NEBCO's demand has nothing on the Alchemist. We got three cases of GB in yesterday and there was still some left when we closed that night.

I'd say if someone thought ST's Pumking was way too sweet then I'd recommend this instead. It's way better than I thought it would be.

View attachment 157862

Nice. I keep eyeing that and wanting to try it but I have yet to pull the trigger. I suppose I'm only out a few bucks out if I don't like it. Maybe I'll snag a bottle tomorrow.

This one's OK. The hops aren't really doing it for me. I'm coming to realize I don't like earthy hops all that much. Or at least the ones that are so earthy they smell like onions. Just a personal thing, I guess.

20131102_232900 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

Hello said:
I'd say if someone thought ST's Pumking was way too sweet then I'd recommend this instead. It's way better than I thought it would be.

I know a lot if people that dig Fat Jack! I have no issues with Sam Adams. Just too much other stuff I want to try so I keep passing on it.

Sounds about right.

Nah... NEBCO's demand has nothing on the Alchemist. We got three cases of GB in yesterday and there was still some left when we closed that night.

Nice. I keep eyeing that and wanting to try it but I have yet to pull the trigger. I suppose I'm only out a few bucks out if I don't like it. Maybe I'll snag a bottle tomorrow.

This one's OK. The hops aren't really doing it for me. I'm coming to realize I don't like earthy hops all that much. Or at least the ones that are so earthy they smell like onions. Just a personal thing, I guess.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93961624@N06/10638268434/
20131102_232900 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

Looks like that beer has a soul, lol

jak1010 said:
Sounds like something I would so once. I'm a fan of Gran Mariner and the older bottle (I think it's the 100 year old stuff) is one I'll order every once in a while. I think it like $35-$40 per glass but damn it's good!
Absolutely. Good liqueur and ambience is worth it's weight in HB :)

finsfan said:
You still working in OKC?

Yessir. For the unforeseeable future. I miss my family. It's just me and the boss man now. The shop guys went home. We're in heavy debugging mode. I'm looking for a light at the end if the tunnel, but it's still faint.

FermentNEthinG said:
Needs a few more months but who has time to wait?!

I'm on a three year rotation. Drinking 2011 this year with stashes of 2012 and 2013. Drink the 2012's next year and so on..,

Nuke & Ty, I don't totally hate on SA, just hard to find a really great pumpkin around here after having pumking and now warlock. This is very good. Wish I had bought more, I believe it's all gone.

Have you had shipyard? I have that too.

Hello said:
Nuke & Ty, I don't totally hate on SA, just hard to find a really great pumpkin around here after having pumking and now warlock. This is very good. Wish I had bought more, I believe it's all gone.

I have also heard shipyard makes a good pumpkin! Never had either. Next year. I love the warlock. I'm hoping to get a Mastrr if Pumpkins this year, but we'll see.

I haven't had Shipyard this year, but previous year's releases were pretty good. Much better than Pumpkinhead, anyway. I don't hate on SA either in the traditional sense, but since I moved away from them as my gateway into craft beer I haven't really had anything from them that impressed me all that much. One notable exception is their Doublebock in their Imperial series. I thought that one was very well made and very delicious.

On a related note to the Pumking... while it doesn't taste much like it, my imperial pumpkin smells quite similar to Pumking, so you have that to look forward to. :)

Had this for the first time. Only my second sour, I think I'm getting into it though. I enjoyed this one

View attachment 157865

If you like that, wait til you have a good one.

Still punishing myself with brown saison. Wort is almost chilled. Beer is ready to bottle. Don't have to be up for 5 1/2 hrs and all I have to do tomorrow is drink and press apples so hopefully it won't matter how sleep deprived and hungover I am. Napping instead of starting brewin earlier was a terrible idea.

Still punishing myself with brown saison. Wort is almost chilled. Beer is ready to bottle. Don't have to be up for 5 1/2 hrs and all I have to do tomorrow is drink and press apples so hopefully it won't matter how sleep deprived and hungover I am. Napping instead of starting brewin earlier was a terrible idea.

JP Madrugada Obscura

Brown saison is not very good, but brown saison on brett can be.

It would be a fine beer if I hadn't used Brewer's Gold.

Thats pretty old school though i believe. Probably just me, havnt been able to get under 1.008 the three times I tried with a lot of specialty grains and the sweetness wasnt to my liking.

TNGabe said:
It would be a fine beer if I hadn't used Brewer's Gold.

Didn't you say a few whiles ago that you'd never use that hop again? Or am I recollecting an alternate universe that I apparently live in?

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Yes! Fiancee just came home with this for me to enjoy with our all day football beer lazyfest tomorrow!
I hope you kiss up to her enough.
chuckstout said:
Thats pretty old school though i believe. Probably just me, havnt been able to get under 1.008 the three times I tried with a lot of specialty grains and the sweetness wasnt to my liking.
One of the first American bred hops. Beer finished at 1.002.
tyzippers said:
Didn't you say a few whiles ago that you'd never use that hop again? Or am I recollecting an alternate universe that I apparently live in?
I won't be using it again. This is the beer that spawned that comment, but I don't have much of anything else in the regular beer category.

I'm drinking a flat 'Flemish saison' that I knew i shouldn't open. Only two weeks bottled, i doubt it's ready before January

I hope you kiss up to her enough.

One of the first American bred hops. Beer finished at 1.002.

I won't be using it again. This is the beer that spawned that comment, but I don't have much of anything else in the regular beer category.

Yup lol

I thought this thing could do better, should have removed the broken screen earlier.

ForumRunner_20131103_000940.jpg

Shorts Brewing Mystery Imperial Oatmeal Stout from their limited Fall Box. A very nice Imp stout! 10% well hidden nice and chocolatey with a good roast. ( where is everyone? Dont u know we have a extra hr to drink??)

ForumRunner_20131103_024059.jpg

On the Coff right now.

Had such a great buzz going last night. My buzz was over immediately after receiving a call that my cousin's fiance had ended her own life (at 25 yrs. old).

Back