3-Tier Temp Brewstand Build Design

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deezy

Reaction score
I've got a portable folding table:
folding_table.bmp

A sheet or two of wood and some cement blocks. Any reason why making a temp 3-tier out of this won't do? I'm thinking about putting the wood sheet on the table, cement blocks ontop of that to have my burner + HLT sit on. Mash in cooler on opposite side of table, then burner on floor for BK. How well will the cement and wood shield the table from any heat?

Thx!

I was brewing in my shed the other day for the first time. I checked the wood floor underneath my bayou burner and it was warm but not hot. The wood and cinderblock should keep it far enough from the table that it won't be an issue.

I'd be a little worried about placing so much weight on that table though. Perhaps you can support it with cinderblocks underneath?

Will do, the more I think about it I think keeping the HLT on the ground and using graduated bucket for transferring sparge water is a better idea until I get a solid stand built.

I use a similar table, but mine folds in the middle.

I sit my MLT on one end, and drain it into my keggle on the ground. For boiling, I use heatsticks. When the wort is cooled, I sit the keggle up on the table for draining (which KILLS my back).

I do worry about the keggle, with 10+ gallons in it, sitting on that table. So far, so good.

:rockin:

Will do, the more I think about it I think keeping the HLT on the ground and using graduated bucket for transferring sparge water is a better idea until I get a solid stand built.

That's what I did when I started AG brewing. Three years later, that's still how I'm doing it. I've come to the conclusion that while a stand is a nice thing to have, you can brew without one just fine.

Back