Where to go in Rock Island, Milan, Moline, IL?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bendavanza

Reaction score
I'm going to be in the tri cities area (Rock Island, Milan, Moline) for a few days and I'm wondering if there's any breweries, brewpubs, or other local interest that I should not miss while I'm there.
thanks in advance
-Ben

The BlueCat Brewpub in Rock Island is a decent place to get a meal and libations. I have had a decent Pilsner and Tripel there in the past. If you are a hop-head, there is not much available but I've never had a bad beer there. Website leaves a little to be desired but you can find the specifics on it.

http://www.bluecatbrewpub.com/

The sweet potato beer was not available but the blackstrap stout was pretty good and their pale ale was tasty. The seared tuna sandwich was raw and cold, and the burger was burnt. Beer and experience was good though. I guess it's the quad cities, tri cities is grandpa age talk.

I was at Bent River the other night. I actually was in the building before it was the brewery...floors weren't even down yet. There used to be a local HBS next door called Koski's. The sign's still up because the eating area is where the store used to be.

When are you coming to town? I can try to meet up with you for some brews.

I'll be home tomorrow, dental appointment, plus we're expecting 6-9 inches of snow right now.

[email protected]

Homebrewer99
Thank you for the offer, I'm here for just a short time with family but I will check it out.

Sorry to hear that the food was not up to snuff. I've had the seared tuna before and was happy with it. The last time I was there the place was packed and we had a long wait for our food but the waitstaff was great and kept bringing things over to entertain my 2.5 year old. I still have about 20 coasters from there.

If you are still in the Quad Cities I have heard great things about the VanderReuben sandwich at Belgian Village Inn at 560 17th Ave., Moline. Word of warning: I was told that the rest of the menu was only so-so. I haven't had one personally, but I intend to hit it up on my next visit.

The BlueCat Brewpub in Rock Island is a decent place to get a meal and libations. I have had a decent Pilsner and Tripel there in the past. If you are a hop-head, there is not much available but I've never had a bad beer there. Website leaves a little to be desired but you can find the specifics on it.

http://www.bluecatbrewpub.com/

I was just there yesterday. I was in town on business so, I could not drink too much. I only tried the pale ale, and since I am a hop-head, it didn't wow me. However, it was quality stuff, and the blackened catfish sandwich was awesome. Super spicey.

Back