Cheaper Therminator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be a little leery of that ebay one. Alot of the uses that he describes are not food related. 99.9%copper? Email him for full specs to look for lead.

I would be a little leery of that ebay one. Alot of the uses that he describes are not food related. 99.9%copper? Email him for full specs to look for lead.

The blichmann therminator is described on northern brewer to be brazed together with pure copper so I assume they're made the same way. On this guy's ebay store some of the smaller chillers uses are said to be for "beer chilling". I'm just curious if anyone has one of these.

SOOO.... Who's chiller are you going with?

After all the reading I did on the different plate chillers, it seems to me that the Shirron would be the most economical choice. I'm using a keggle for 5/10 gallon batches, my 25' IC isn't getting the job done with my warm ground water here in southern california (I miss new england). The therminator by blichmann would be sweet but it's twice the cost of the shirron, and after getting all the fittings and adapters for those chillers on ebay they wouldn't really be worth the savings.

Back