cascade sub

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theganda

Reaction score
Hey I'm trying to make EdWorts Haus Pale Ale but morebeer is out of cascades. What would be a suitable substitute? I tried to search the forum and didn't find much and would appreciate the help.

oh man, i'd definitely use centennial if i could get it. colombus or amarillo would also work well.

just make sure the IBU's are the same when you convert to the other hops because the alpha acids in those hops are all different.

:mug:

fuggles would probably be the closest in flavor and AA even though they're english.How can a brew shop be out of cascade?

Fuggles closer to Cascade than Centennial?? I think I'd disagree.

Edit: I see you both answered about the same time.

fuggles would probably be the closest in flavor and AA even though they're english.How can a brew shop be out of cascade?

I disagree as well... Centennial or grab some Riwaka from New Zeeland

OR you can get Cascade ANYWHERE else... I mean, who runs out of Cascade?

I'll 4th the Centennial...

Otherwise, The Best of Brew's Hop Lover's Guide also lists Amarillo as a suitable substitute and notes "possibly Columbus"...

+1 on Centennial or Amarillo. Either one (or a blend) would be a good choice.

Note the add ^^^above^^^ that states "hop addiction? feed yours at moorebeer.com". Just as long as your not addicted to Cascade's I guess. :p

Go to Northern Brewer. They have plenty. Or, as mentioned previously, get some Centennial, just use less to adjust for the higher AA%.

Note the add ^^^above^^^ that states "hop addiction? feed yours at moorebeer.com". Just as long as your not addicted to Cascade's I guess. :p

Go to Northern Brewer. They have plenty. Or, as mentioned previously, get some Centennial, just use less to adjust for the higher AA%.

That ad confused me too, they have probably the worst hop selection of any large store. Who uses Cascades anyway, right??:D

Back