A very strange brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allphoto

Reaction score
I brewed up a batch of the wheat stout based on Torchiest idea. No problem right? Just simple extract recipe right?
Yeah.... come brewday, I lay out my ingredients..oops I had converted to a partial mash and only had 5 of the 7.5 lbs of wheat extract needed to do an extract..I passed on the partial, not enough to mash. Also, because I had gotten ingredients for a partial.. no roasted barley.
This is what I ended up doing.
I had a couple of lbs of amber liquid, so I subbed that for the missing wheat liquid.
I had no other grains except white wheat...how to sub for roasted barley?? I roasted the wheat in the oven and added it in.
So along with being a unique idea...(wheat stout) it's going to even stranger with the subbed ingredients. The best thing is, I can't wait to try it. Becuase it is a "Frankenstein" (I think I just got the name for it)it's something that's unlikeley to appear anywhere, on anyones store shelves....

Haha, I hope that variation works out for you. My wheat stout, sheesh, I haven't had a bottle of it in a couple weeks. I need to chill a few down and see how it's progressing.

Back