Copper Manifold Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadKarma

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't want to hijack orfy's thread.

Should I solder mine when I build it or will it be okay just to push them together?

I was thinking I should solder to keep it from coming apart while stirring, but I noticed that alot of the CPVC ones are just pressed together.

Thanks y'all.

Thanks Brad.

Other than the lead free silver solder, should I get anything special for the flux?

This is my first attempt at soldering so I'm a complete noob here.

I just used standard flux that you'd use on a water supply line. Self-cleaning, that's about it. As you mentioned, lead free solder is the most important part.

Thanks orfy.

I was sitting here thinking about how to cut the slots. A hacksaw on so many cuts seems like a lot of time and effort. How about a Dremel, making cuts long ways on the pipe? Instead of across the pipe, cut small short one's going long ways. The Dremel would have problems cutting across a pipe due to clearance of the tool, but going along with the pipe would be no problem.

Any thoughts?

I did both length ways underneath.

Use a dremmel but make sure you have plenty of disks and a few spindles.

A hacksaw blade crates a lot of swarf.

If you have a drillpress you could drill holes instead. That's what I did for mine and it works great - I wouldn't attempt it without a drillpress though. :)

Back