Using Ed-Worts Applewein recipe and using 5 lbs of cane sugar for 6 gallons?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

britishbloke

Reaction score
That wont break my carboy I hope.....:confused:

I made a batch of Ed-Worts applewein but only put in 2lbs of sugar for 6 gallons.

It was a long fermentation 2 weeks but its the weakest batch ive made. Maybe 4% alcohol.

Im planning on making 6.5 gallons in my 7 gallon carboy with 5lbs of cane sugar.

This isnt an explosion waiting to happen I hope? Im using Montrachet yeast.

Thanks.:p

Straight Apple juice should give you between 5% and 6% and it will take at least 4 to 6 weeks to ferment.

I use Dextrose which is 100% fermentable so I do't know what cane sugar will do or taste like.

I would honestly stick with using dextrose since cane sugar isnt as easy to ferment.

OMG dude... dont use that much sugar. You're gonna end up with 15% cider!!!

2# of dextrose in 6 gallons of AJ put me to 1.063. This should ferment down to .998 give or take. That puts it right about 8.5% ABV (OG-FG*131)

As far as the exploding comment, Montrachet does not create much if any krausen so you should be good filling the carboy up. Just keep the airlock outta the sauce cause this stuff offgasses like CRAZY.

Latest posts

Back