Refill co2 from larger co2 tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to refill my 5pound tank with my 20 lbs with a dip tube What equipment will I need.
You will need a transfer setup. This would normally contain 2 valves (one to regulate the transfer and the 2nd to dump the initial oz or two) You will also need an accurate scale.

I use a 2.5 lb tank and transfer fill it from a 20 every time. Takes about 2 minutes total.
Also d
Can I put beer gas into a 5 lbs o2 tank?
It "can" be done - However I would not do that under any circumstances.

I went to the local fleet farm and got a 3500 psi hose, and the proper fittings to connect between two cylinders. I put my 5 pounder in the freezer overnight. Then hook them up, with the 20# on its side, above the smaller 5# tank. Open the valve on the 5 pounder, then optne the valve on the 20, and let er rip. It only takes a few minutes, or less (until you can't hear anything). I even weighed the empty 5 pounder before and after to see how much actually went in. I think I got abougt 3.5 pounds in it. Not bad for the first try.

Back