Stands for banjo cookers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pretzelb

Reaction score
I have a banjo cooker on the way and was wondering if you need to build a stand or support for your kettle or can it rest on the burner? I only have an 8g kettle so it's not huge but that is still a lot of weight. Seems like some people use bricks to build around the burner so I was thinking I might want to hit HD or Lowe's prior to the burner arriving.

If its this then you are good to go.

41YAY55XJ3L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

my keggle's bottom is a little dented/beatup and rocks on my banjo stand so I should really reinforce it, but if your pot's bottom is in good shape you should be good.

If its this then you are good to go.

That looks like the one I am getting. It's hard to judge from the picture but it seems tiny compared to the 8g kettle. But I'll wait until I get it to be sure (it will be nice to have one less thing to worry about).

Thanks.

Trust me, that burner is not tiny, nor light weight. You'll find that the silver burner area is 9-10 inches in diameter, and those bent steel supports are very very solid.

you could stand on it and not damage it. It'll hold 60lbs of wort easily.

Back