Have an interest in winemaking but...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thakoolaidkid

Reaction score
...I am ignorant to the process. Does anyone have a good website that explains making wine at home? Does it differ a lot from brewing beer?

...I am ignorant to the process. Does anyone have a good website that explains making wine at home? Does it differ a lot from brewing beer?

add fruit juice to water ( orr add whole fruit to water .. dissolve sugar into water however you want, Sterrilise the whole lot, Campden is what most recipes I see call for, add pectic enzyme if you need it after 24hour (I think) then add yeast 12hours after that ( I think).

Then wait rack wait wait wait rack (possibly) wait wait wait bottle wait wait wait wait wait drink :D

Or try this website winemaking: The Basic Steps

add fruit juice to water ( orr add whole fruit to water .. dissolve sugar into water however you want, Sterrilise the whole lot, Campden is what most recipes I see call for, add pectic enzyme if you need it after 24hour (I think) then add yeast 12hours after that ( I think).

Then wait rack wait wait wait rack (possibly) wait wait wait bottle wait wait wait wait wait drink :D

Or try this website winemaking: The Basic Steps

+1 on this website as a good place to start.
Also suggest your local hombrew shop - they probably supply wine stuff too and will be happy to give advice.

Not sure why, but LHBS seem to often be cursed with bad advice when it comes to something other than beer. So do as I do, double check their advice with the experts on here. Once you gather all the basics down from that or many other websites, come on here and ask plenty of questions. People like BigKahuna, SummerSolstice, YooperBrew and many more are on here all the time, they know their stuff for sure and are more than willing to share it.

Latest posts

Back