New England Grain Buy January 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time on the group buy. Thanks for the opportunity. I just entered 1 bag of CM-2ROW, and started a new split for TF-MOPA. Let me know if I have made any mistakes for my entries here. Cheers!

Thanks! I knew it'd be around 13 pounds, just didn't know how big those 13 pounds would be!

FYI - mbiskup and pshieronymus, I moved your order entries to earlier columns in the sheet, we had a few people drop out, and I wanted to fill in the empty spaces. Let me know if you see any problems.

Thanks Luther. My order looks correctly moved.
For future group buy sheets should I populate first available "New Buyer" column, from the left to right? Thx.

FYI - mbiskup and pshieronymus, I moved your order entries to earlier columns in the sheet, we had a few people drop out, and I wanted to fill in the empty spaces. Let me know if you see any problems.

Yep, everything seems to be in order. Thanks for the heads up.

If this gets closed and is delivering the last weekend in March I may have to postpone my pickup- I'll be on work travel.

Just tossing that out it there in case that's an issue and I need to withdraw.

If this gets closed and is delivering the last weekend in March I may have to postpone my pickup- I'll be on work travel.

Just tossing that out it there in case that's an issue and I need to withdraw.

No need to withdraw. We won't know the pickup date until we have filled the order, collected all the payments, placed the order, scheduled the delivery, and then we can set a date for the pickup. If people have a conflict and cannot make a particular date, they can work with me to pick up the grain sometime reasonably soon after the pickup date.

Usually if you can't make the date, you can ask around this thread and someone else that lives near you can pick up your bags, that way you at least don't have to travel far to get them. Otherwise, I am more than willing to hang on to them, as long as it isn't for an incredibly long time (because then I may have to make beer with it :) )

The last grain buy, we only had a couple people that couldn't pick up their grain and couldn't find someone else to pick it up for them. The local HBT community is very helpful and generous.

Thanks aslander- first group buy and I'm a bit jittery and anxious. Also because I brewed 3 batches over the weekend after a multi-year hiatus. I want to go home to bubbling airlocks!

I may have way overbought on hops recently so I'm contemplating expanding my grain order!

+1 on y'all being helpful.
Thanks
And.. Im in Coventry, RI if anyone needs a hand.

What is the magic number of sacks to complete the order. I haven't put mine in yet, but will be adding a few.

They said before- Im asuming after the order has been compiled for an official quote and I'm guessing pricing locked in.

I'm going to probably close out a split later today if its still open.

I just ordered 4 bags and some pbw, I hope I did it right 2 bags of 2-Row and 2 bags MO
GREAT JOB GUYS! I hooked you both up with $5 too... Hope I did everything correctly!

Looks like the 128 was overshot - currently at 131. If we're going for 168 I'll probably open a split or two since the ones I was considering close out.

Added dontations as well - I've organized smaller events in the past and they've been headaches - props!

Looks like the 128 was overshot - currently at 131. If we're going for 168 I'll probably open a split or two since the ones I was considering close out.

Added dontations as well - I've organized smaller events in the past and they've been headaches - props!

So are we now waiting to fill 168?

So are we now waiting to fill 168?

IDK - neither Crazyirishman nor aslander have been on in a few days and its their call. The last few slots filled quickly (probably people waiting til the last minute or upping their orders) and its been sitting at 131 ever since.

I know my additional purchases wouldn't sum to more than another bag or bag and a half.

Thanks to whoever fixed my mess up on the split of pearl, looks like it is full now. Also didn't know about the donation, added mine as well. Since this seems to be getting close - if there is a push to get to the next pallet I will add another bag of 2 row later on to help fill

We have a lot of people with one or two bags of grain. If you have less the 3 bags please consider adding a bag or two. Right now I am crazy busy with getting Down the Road onto the market and I am not sure when the next buy is. Also it would be great to finalize this buy sooner then later.

We are past 3 pallets so yes we should push to the 4th

Ok! Pressing on! Let finish this up for some spring time brewing folks!

I opened a new split but have a hard time seeing myself needing more than 4.5 bags... unless I need a bag of Golden Promise... hmmm....

FYI there is only one empty column left for a new buyer and it doesn't appear that the sheet will auto expand.

Ok! Pressing on! Let finish this up for some spring time brewing folks!

I opened a new split but have a hard time seeing myself needing more than 4.5 bags... unless I need a bag of Golden Promise... hmmm....

FYI there is only one empty column left for a new buyer and it doesn't appear that the sheet will auto expand.

I would go for it. This might be the last buy for a good long while. Honestly I am too busy to do it anymore. There are plenty of folks here that have just one or 2 bags. If they even picked up one bag we would be really close to closing out the buy.

Just added another bag of 2-Row. What happens if we overshoot the 168 target? Last person(s) to add sacks will only get the sacks prior to the magic number of 168?

Thanks again.

Quick question;
About the splits is a 5 gallon bucket large enough to hold a 1/2 split? I think you mentioned a small HD/Lowes pail for the 1/4 splits.

Back