Got my steam juicer!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fyi... I am in love, one bag of four of Asian pears juicing... Getting a LOT of juice!!

ForumRunner_20121120_211934.jpg

haha right on dude im running a breville juice fountain elite and i know what you are talking about

I've never juiced pears before, but that is a lot of juice for just four! I may have to try some pear juice next, love the steam juicers!

okemasis said:
I've never juiced pears before, but that is a lot of juice for just four! I may have to try some pear juice next, love the steam juicers!

Lol not 4 pears, 1 bag of pears had four walmart sacks full probably around 40 pounds :)

Close to 4 gallons from the looks of it, just did the last batch it's all cooling so i put into zip locks and freeze

will using a steam juicer set the pectins? just from the looks of things its a much cleaner process than any juicer that grinds up everything.

dr_al said:
will using a steam juicer set the pectins? just from the looks of things its a much cleaner process than any juicer that grinds up everything.

You know thats a good question and i have no idea... I am assuming setting the pectins is when say people boil the fruits but never get the wine clear?

yup, thats exactly what i'm thinking. i'm not snobby about having things clear but i'm curious if any one here has used one and if things clear up.

Guess i will find out!! Going to start a pear blackberry, pear and a pear jalapeno... And maybe something else, ended up with a good amount of juice

Back