My Keezer build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G-Hog

Reaction score
I posted this in the "Show us your Keezer" thread but it didn't get much response.

I started this on Saturday, and worked on it a little Sunday and Monday. I still have a ways to go, but so far I like how it's coming out.

keezer2.jpg

keezer1.jpg

Thanks.

It's a new freezer (5cf Holiday) and I didn't want to drill any holes in it because of the warranty, so I built my own lid for it. I used two pieces of 3/4" plywood and 2 pieces of 1/2" foam board insulation, and screwed it to the underside of the plywood you see in the picture. I will be adding weather stripping to that to give it a good seal. I added HD hinges to it and the whole top opens.

It's been a while so I thought I would post an updated picture. I decided to just go with a tower instead. And I also went with wood for the top instead of tile. I still have the bottom trim to install and stain it, but it's almost finished. The top is oak, the cabinet is birch and the trim is select pine.

image-3145229551.jpg

Looks good! What's you plan for finishing it? Light Dark?Shiny, matte?

Think I'm gonna go two tone. Have the top dark (including the trim), and have the cabinet Walnut or Cherry. It will be a glossy finish.

Back