Wacky brew session

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason81

Reaction score
Unfortunatly I haven't got to brew all summer but I did up a pale ale the other day. When I ordered my supplies I though I had a bag of Crystal malt in the freezer at home, but I didn't so I had to make do with the 10 lbs of 2 row I had it will be to light in color now and out of style. I had my recipe in brew pal app but forgot the sparge calculations are too much on that program . I was shooting for 5.5 gal ended up collecting 7.1 gal from the mash at 1.022 pre boil way too low. So I cranked up the burner and boiled for 90min I actual had too much evaporation and ended up @1.058 for og, prety high for what I was going for. Well with the screw ups I bet it will tun out Prety good but I won't dare try to duplicate it. It should end up at about 5.5 %abv and 39 ibu's originally aiming for under 5% and around 30 ibu. I wanted to make something lighter that friends could enjoy too.

Back