How long do I have to wait?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowspoke

Reaction score
How long do I have to wait to try my first beer. I brewed a German Altbier and bottled it on Sunday and was wondering if I really need to wait 3 weeks. I'm soooo ready to try this beer especially since it's my first.
Since I had everything out to bottle I went ahead and brewed another batch. This one is a Weizenbier. This is a great hobby that my wife got me into, think she created a monster.
:mug: :ban:

you can try it whenever you want! It'll be about a week before it's carb'd and a few weeks before it starts tasting better. Open a bottle now, just don't expect a whole lot.

Yeah, usually they will have enough carbonation after just a week to at least try them out. They will reach the peak of flavor about when you are ready to drink the last one.

I definately like to test one a week after being in the bottles, sometimes I already have a drinkable beer. Plus it gives you a good idea of what it is going to taste like in the end.

Back