Saturday is Rugby Day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyangler18

Reaction score
Ok, not really a brewing event per se, but there will be copious amounts of beer. My rugby club is scrimmaging against Millersville and Kutztown University at Centerville Elementary in Lancaster. If you're around, swing by and see some hard-fought rugby and kick back a few pints with me and my mates after the match at Trio.

:mug:

It was a gorgeous day for a rugby match, and we played hard rugby but got bested by Kutztown. They played tactical rugby with perfect rucking, hard mauling and precise tackling.

Split lip and a bloody nose here. :mug:

Silly people. Weekends are for long runs!

But some day I'd like to get out you way and watch you beat youself up and share some brews after.
:D

Split lip and a bloody nose here. :mug:

sounds like a good day! I'm nursing my old bones today, after a very physical hockey game yesterday and two well fought games today. I took a couple of hard hits- but the worst was my own foolishness! I'm pretty small, but I thought I'd be cool and go over the boards with the guys. I did ok, but had my stick under me and actually impaled the left side of my ass on my own stick. I have got a bruise the size of Pittsburgh on my left cheek. I'm walking like a middle aged lady today.

I have got a bruise the size of Pittsburgh on my left cheek.

useless.jpg

I'm not a fan of rugby, but I am in great respect of the way that game controls(ish) and handles it's violence in a most civil and gentlemanly fashion. (Seriously)

Ok, not really a brewing event per se, but there will be copious amounts of beer. My rugby club is scrimmaging against Millersville and Kutztown University at Centerville Elementary in Lancaster. If you're around, swing by and see some hard-fought rugby and kick back a few pints with me and my mates after the match at Trio.

:mug:
I was wondering why you were not at Evets for the Imperial Porter brew. If I would've saw this on Fri I would've had a few pints on the way home. Trios would have been on my way back. BTW when do you e want to pick up those 6 1/2 gal fermenters?

No, no, no Saturday and Sunday are SKI days. Spring temps, corn snow, and apres-ski beer. Hells yes.

Someone's gotta say it eventually, so it may as well be me.

Rugger is a REAL man's sport. Good hard man to man f8cking each other up without all that padding and bullcrap.....all get back to the pub after and do it all again but with a few beers inside. Not my sport, but men of my own spirit for sure. ;)

I was wondering why you were not at Evets for the Imperial Porter brew. If I would've saw this on Fri I would've had a few pints on the way home. Trios would have been on my way back. BTW when do you e want to pick up those 6 1/2 gal fermenters?

How's tomorrow sound? I can swing by on my way to practice, say around 6?

But some day I'd like to get out you way and watch you beat youself up and share some brews after.
:D

You are always welcome, Herm!

Here's my schedule- we can work something out, I'm sure!

February 14 - Gaspirilla Rugby Tournament Tampa Bay, FL

March 14 - Home vs. Baltimore/Chesapeake

March 21 - Away vs. PAC B

March 28 - Home vs. NOVA

April -4 - Away vs. Schuykill River

April 11 - Home vs. Media

April 18 - Home vs. Frederick (MARFU Match)

April 25 - MARFU Final Four (Hosted by Brandywine RFC)

May 2 - Away Harrisburg

May 16 - USA Sweet Sixteen Nationals

May 30 - USA Final Four

Totally off topic, going on a it's a small world theme. Three years ago I went to Ottawa to play in a rugby tournament with Magua. I played with the lancaster roses, tour name, Amish Assassins. Sorry I got off topic I just saw the lancaster roses avatar.

Totally off topic, going on a it's a small world theme. Three years ago I went to Ottawa to play in a rugby tournament with Magua. I played with the lancaster roses, tour name, Amish Assassins. Sorry I got off topic I just saw the lancaster roses avatar.

Totally small world! We just missed each other - I didn't start playing until Fall '07.

I hope we play that tournament again. I'll be at Saranac Lake in August.

Look for the red #9 to haul off and punch the white #3 in the middle of the scrum. Set the whole thing off.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eod3Dg4WJMg[/youtube]

Just got back from Columbia, SC. Beat Providence 34-15 and Milwaukee 44 -10, so we advance to Glendale, CO for the Final Four and a shot at the National Championship.

Aww yeah. :rockin:

Congratulations! And good luck in Colorado. When will you be making the trip?

Thanks! Lisa and I will be flying out May 29th, semifinals are the 30th and the finals are the 31st. We'll be flying back home sometime on the 31st so Lisa can get back in time for the final week of the school year.

Back