Brew Belts/Belgian Dubble Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhinostylee

Reaction score
Do any of you have experience with this tool?

What must the room temperature be for the brew belt to maintain a constant temperature?

I put it on my primary last night. It jumpstarted my stalled fermentation, but the temp of my wort (measured with the "sticky thermometer" on the outside of the fermenter) kept on rising . . . I unplugged it when the temp reached 78 degrees. The room temperature was around 65-68 degrees. Supposedly, the belt will maintain a constant temp around 75 degrees, but I imagine the room temp must be pretty cool to keep the brew belt from overheating the wort.

*edit* - made the post more specific

Thank you!

Whay are you using a belt if the room temp. is 65-68, sounds ideal for me ...you brewing an Ale I assume?

luv2brew said:
Whay are you using a belt if the room temp. is 65-68, sounds ideal for me ...you brewing an Ale I assume?

It's a Belgium Ale, which I guess does best above 70 degrees. At night the temp drops to low 60s/high 50s, at which point the yeast goes dormant.

BeeGee said:
Don't those things just heat to ambient + X degrees? Or is there a thermostat?

It does not have a thermostat, unfortunately. I think it does heat to ambient + X, but if ambient isn't low enough, ambient + X = too hot. I need to get something with a thermostat.

Back