giving credit where credit is due and if that matters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhinoceroceros

Reaction score
I recently downloaded the Untappd app which, for those who don't know, is an app where you "check in" to beers you drink. It keeps track of what you drink, and where (if you tell it where) and with whom (if you tell it with whom). It's pretty neat and it even comes with the option to add homebrew.
When you add a homebrew it wants you to add the homebrewery that produced the beer you are adding, which is where my concern lies...

If you were to make a beer based on a recipe from another homebrewery, should the original homebrewery be given credit, or is it now your homebrewery that created it, therefore your homebrewery that is credited with the beer?

Granted this is all inconsequential in the grand scheme of things, but i think it would be neat to see if someone using the app brewed a beer that i posted the recipe to, if i were to post a recipe.

Also if anyone is using the app already my username is the same as my username here (which is also my xboxlive gamertag), rhinoceroceros add me so i can drink (or play) with someone for a change!

I haven't hit that situation yet, but I'd say if you brewed it then you should tag yourself as the brewery. You could give a nod to the recipe creator in the description setting. Just sent you a friend request too (my name is the same as well). :mug:

You brewed it, so you are the brewery. Maybe there is a way you can also say where you got the recipe from, but that's beside the point.

Back