My girlfriend loves to to drink my starter wort/beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porky_pine

Reaction score
I just saved the beer from a one liter starter of Wyeast 1098 and my girlfriend drank the whole thing and said she loved it. She couldn't believe it took less than a day to make too!

Haha oh man. I always take a gravity reading of my starter wort, just to make sure it fermented. One time I was curious so I drank some. Not terrible I guess, really dry and not much flavor. I guess it kinda tasted like dry unhopped beer, and that makes sense.

I always taste my spent starter after I decant it off the yeast...I figure if it doesn't taste terrible, then it's a good indication that the starter was healthy and clean...

We had a club member who likes to brin samples to our meetings and not tell us they were starter beer. Not cool!

I always taste mine to weed out any infections before the yeast hits the real beer, but a sip is enough...

That's funny, but yeah, keep her around. I drink, I mean "taste" too much green beer myself, might make you a little gassy but won't kill ya. Haha!

Why waste I say. It is beer after all, just without hops. I dont know why it doesnt get factored into the recipe and just put in the fermentor.

meadmazer said:
Why waste I say. It is beer after all, just without hops. I dont know why it doesnt get factored into the recipe and just put in the fermentor.

Some people do hop theirs and add the whole thing to the fermenter

Back