blow off tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aekdbbop

Reaction score
ok, well i never have had to use one.. but i am going to aerate with an aeration kit tomorrow, and i wanna be prepared for the larger fermentation...

i bought a few feet of (i think) 1 inch blow off tubing, but when i stick it in the mouth of the carboy, it doesnt seam like it is an air tight seal.

I know co2 will be pushing out, but i was just wondering if i had anything to worry about...

Well, you would expect that to work then, eh? Mine is REALLY snug. I have to really jam it into the carboy neck to get it down. No question that mine is an airtight fit -- your tubing must be slightly smaller.

I bought 1.25" outer diameter vinyl tubing from Home Depot. It fits perfectly. What size carboy do you have? I think one size has a different diameter than all the rest.

or you could make one of these:

blowofftube%20010.jpg

leave all the joints slip fit for break down and cleaning

Hey, here's an Idea.....

Don't you wish somewhere there was an article on Blow of tubes. Maybe a Blow Off 101 on a wiki or something.:D

Watch this space.

aekdbbop said:
this is for my 6.5er... about how much did you pay for the HD tubing?

I believe it was about $7 for four feet of tubing, if I recall correctly. Well worth it, since I plan on getting lots of use out of it.

Latest posts

Back