Stone Cellar Brewpub

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBN

Reaction score
Visited this place for lunch Saturday:

www.stonecellarbrewpub.com/

Sampler of 12 beers included some unremarkable, as well as some surprises. The vanilla stout was overwhelming, the oatmeal stout was very very smooth. The pilsner and the light were hits with everyone except me, and the scottish ale was my favorite. Interestingly, their IPA used fuggles, EKG, and cascade - tasty with tangerine citrus tones, but they referred to it as a session beer since the OG came out pretty low. The hefe had NO banana/clove nose to it. Really cool historic building and good food.

Assistant brewmaster was also the bartender, but he wasn't very familiar with a lot of things. Admitted he was new and basically slave labor for the grunt work. Claims they use nothing but Briess grains, from the local HBS, and get varying levels of efficiency depending on the time of year. They also use nothing but Wyeast, and they cycle it through 12-15 generations.

Good news is that the waitress was pretty cute, and pints were $2.25 !!! Bad news was that I had to drive - could have spent some more time with that Scottish ale....

Skol!

Back