Need Advice: Fluke K-Type Thermometer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnodon

Reaction score
I'm tired of crappy, inconsistent, inaccurate thermos. So, I started poking around Ebay for laboratory calibre thermos and stumbled upon Fluke. There are a few older models (Fluke 51, 52, etc.) on there for reasonable prices that I think would fit the bill nicely.

Here is an example: http://cgi.ebay.com/Fluke-52-Digita...351?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27bd0f74f7

My question...the K-Type bead thermocouple that typically comes with these...are they completely submersible (meaning the bead AND the wire)?

Thanks,

John

I have a new model Fluke 52. It was a good meter until it fell in my mash (just momentarily). I've taken it apart several times to get it working (and was successful once), but it's dead now (shows "CAL?" on the screen, always). So, my advice to you, keep the meter away from water.

I have coated thermocouples that I use in my brewery, so I can't answer your question about them. I also have some of the bare bead ones, but I've never tried to submerge them.

O3bkuDupe1ZKBvTCn2zZ5p0U-IVCjkNZrvVgPnfUZ-SKImVRbhCzekF1FobXBRL_MnF3nScwVMq6BNRjVHnNBrwA20fyuNrtNzuFusz0qFoxrxrnDlAIP86niCad4VsZKrMXURz7YAHmFFpLOwH95fkS5Vm8rQSq

Hoping to revive a dead thread here.

Are all type-k thermocouple probes compatible with all meters? Or specifically, can I buy a Fluke meter and use Thermoworks probes with it?

I have a fluke 87v and use the supplied thermocouple it came with.I think the thermoworks k type couple would work fine in my meter.(it looks the same}

Back