Is she crazy?.?.?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Z

Reaction score
My wife can be a very discriminating person. She is not much of a beer drinker but there are some she likes. So I'm ever trying different recepies till I find one she says she likes and will enjoy.

The other day we enjoyed a nut brown ale that I made. I cannont remember what we were eating with it but she had comments of praise. Not more that one day later the same keg of beer I pulled another pint and it was terrible. Is she crazy or can one's tastes varry (particularly when pairing with food) so drastically from one day to the next?
Tasted the same to me. Did I just not mind that it did not go with what we were eating? I realize my tastes are not that discriminating at all. Besides I made it & you bet I think it's da*n good beer.

cz

Food can have a huge impact on beer and beer on food. The other day I tried to drink a mild brown ale with some vindaloo and I dont know what is was but one of the spices in the curry made the beer taste like chalk, after I finished my food the beer was fine so there are some strange beer/food interactions.

No it was with dinner, and the kids were all there and she doesn't ever drink much. It just surprises me that she can be soo particular and me not particular at all.

How old was the ale? If you had just carbed it, the taste can change overnight, as carbonic acid builds up. I have had brews where the taste changed daily, up to a point.

Hmmmm. I wonder if all women know that.

If they are clinically insane they can't know they are crazy because that would void the diagnosis.

Maybe women COULD know they were "simply crazy" but not clinically insane. The clinically insane think they are normal.

Maybe all women are clinically insane?

:cross:

My wife can be a very discriminating person. She is not much of a beer drinker but there are some she likes. So I'm ever trying different recepies till I find one she says she likes and will enjoy.

The other day we enjoyed a nut brown ale that I made. I cannont remember what we were eating with it but she had comments of praise. Not more that one day later the same keg of beer I pulled another pint and it was terrible. Is she crazy or can one's tastes varry (particularly when pairing with food) so drastically from one day to the next?
Tasted the same to me. Did I just not mind that it did not go with what we were eating? I realize my tastes are not that discriminating at all. Besides I made it & you bet I think it's da*n good beer.

cz

i vote for crazy. a lot of non beer drinkers will say the exact same beer tastes good or bad at different times. or they will pick a brand they like and if you recommend them a very similar beer they will taste it once and say its crap. i think maybe it was better with the food, but more she just felt like saying one of your beers was good at the time. a nut brown probably isn't going to be the favorite of someone who isn't much into beer.

Back