Quick Brew??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3rd and Long

Reaction score
Any of you guys have recipe that is quick (<4 weeks) from end to end? I have done a couple lagers in about 4 weeks where instead of doing a true lagering period I do a crash cool to 31 deg. F at about 3.5 weeks in. The resulting beer is ok to drink and really pleases the Miller Lite drinkers, but I'm not one, and I'm frequently asked to brew beers for events without enough notice ahead of time. It would be nice to bring something other than pisswater..

PS- I force carbonate..

The previous BYO magazine had a couple 'speedbrewing' recipes that (iirc)were supposed to be drinkable in a week if kegging.

why not just use ale yeast and ferment it around 75&#176;F? Primary it for 5-7 days, let it sit for another 7-14 in secondary, keg it up, and it'll be ready by the 4th week.

idk... 4 weeks doesnt seem like that short of notice...

I guess it isn't that short of notice, I have always tried to age most of my ales atleast 2 weeks in the keg. Giving them that extra time can turn a good beer into a great beer. I guess I'm looking for something that is just really good without much aging.

Lower gravity brown ales, milds, bitters, hefeweizen are all ales that are near their peak immediately upon carbonating.

Latest posts

Back