Denver looking for Pliny the Elder?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saint George

Reaction score
Im planning to visit Denver and Ft Collins late August does anyone know where I might be able to find Pliny the Elder on draft? Thanks

Choice City Butcher & Deli, Cafe Vino, or The Mayor of Old Town would be your best bets for Pliny in town.

Dusty, Thanks for suggestions, hope I get lucky and can get some. I appreciate your suggestions.

I had it at Falling Rock the last time I was in Denver. Someone told me that they get the special hookup directly from Russian River for some reason and get a steady supply, I have no idea if there is any truth to that. Maybe a local beer nerd can chime in here.

Cheeky monk in Denver will sometimes have it as well. Tap n Handle in Foco might but hit or miss. I wouldn't say I have found somewhere that has it regularly on tap in the area. We get kegs every now and then but not a lot and most sells fast.

Just missed it at cheeky monk it came up this weekend. I feel like colorado get the RR shipment around the 2nd week of the month. It shows up for a weekend or so and then is gone.

Supermarket Liqours is where I got mine when i was out there. Had to follows their Facebook to know when it comes in.

Choice City is absolutely amazing, even if they dont have Pliny, they have 15-20 other beers and AMAZING sandwiches.

I realize this is a slightly old thread, but if you go to Falling Rock, make sure to actually ask for Pliny. They don't always list it on their tap list or have it labeled on the tap itself. I was there over Labor Day weekend and got a pint even though it wasn't listed.

Back