Florida trip which beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomchukj

Reaction score
So we are taking the first trip to disney and I will be ordering some groceries when we get there. From the place I am ordering i have the option of cigar city brewing or florida beer company. I am only getting 1 so which would you all recommend (brewery and beer).

If you like ipas I'd get cigar city jai alai, can't go wrong. Which styles do you prefer? Might be helpful to throw the link on this thread for the delivery service so people have an idea of what is available.

I'll be visiting Florida soon as well so I'm in. I'm from Kentucky... There's a great site where you can compare beers available in different states... I'll find the link soon...

Gardengrocer is where i am getting stuff from. I am an ipa man but will drink/ try most anything besides sours

If you like ipas I'd get cigar city jai alai, can't go wrong. Which styles do you prefer? Might be helpful to throw the link on this thread for the delivery service so people have an idea of what is available.

+1 for Jai Alai

My favorite IPA (right now)

Can't speak to Florida Brewing, but Cigar City makes some awesome beers. SWMBO had a conference for work out Florida way a couple years ago, brought a suitcase full of conference schwag out, and a dozen different Cigar City beers back, wasn't a bad one in the bunch. I'm a bit jealous, I'd definitely have some of their stuff in the fridge most of the time if they distributed out here in California.

There's also Duck-Rabbit, The Bruery, and Clown Shoes... Heard good things about those breweries but I cannot remember specific beers that are recommended..

There's also Duck-Rabbit, The Bruery, and Clown Shoes... Heard good things about those breweries but I cannot remember specific beers that are recommended..

Which none of are either of the two breweries he has to pick from or even located in Florida.

Heck, one of them isn't even on the right side of the country...

I also recommend Jai Alai. It's my favorite IPA.

Maduro from Cigar City is a good brown if you are interested in that.

It really is worth the short drive from Orlando to Tampa, to explore the FL west coast beer scene, including CCB.

There are a bunch of breweries in the Tampa/St. Pete area. Definitely worth the trip of you have time. Also southern brewing is a great homebrew shop with a nice bar and beer garden.

Back