Iowa brewers UNITE...do you want some corny kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CloverBrew

Reaction score
I am trying to get a local Waterloo brewshop to get a very large purchase of corny kegs from a large national distributor. I need to see some serious Iowa brewer interest. this Iowa forum is so underused . if I can get this large purchase to happen we may be able to get some really nice priced kegs. just repost if your interested. come on guys I need your help

I know where to get them for 30 per keg, if they are cheaper than that I might be game for some.

I would be very interested in learning of this source. please share the wealth. I will send you a PM Gear101. thanks for responding

This might exceed the rules of this board, I think the only thing you can post for bulk buy is grains and hops, not sure about this.

where do you guys get your kegs? I wouldn't mind 1, but Craigslist has been barren all month!

I'm in as well! I'm in Ames and even at the $30 per keg Im very interested. When might this take place?

i spoke with the distributor personally. they no longer, at this time, have 30$ kegs. they are 40$ not including shipping. a pallete of kegs would be reasonable. but we would need to get organized. if you are interested. i will look a little deeper. respond to this thread if you are interested

are these kegs new?
are they ball lock or pin lock?
40$ isn't very good, I can get a used 43$ pin lock online with shipping included, is there any way you can barter him down?

they are ball locks, used. the company is in florida. they deal in large distributions of kegs. they will however send small packages of 4, 8, 12, and so on. but the shipping is not so hot untill you get 12-16 kegs.

Ok, so I have been looking around and then came up in the other room. Is anybody still interested in kegs? For this Price I would do a group buy here I think. What do we think about putting together a big order for them? Hell I would be interested in AT LEAST five, maybe more.

Here's what the other post said:

"$28.99 plus shipping they may give you a bulk price if you get a bunch. I think they were out of Florida. I saw them on eBay & called for a better deal. But I ended up with a local guy. but thought I'd share anyway."

http://www.mceverdistrib.com/syrup-tanks

I would be interested in 2-4, depending on the price, condition, and answers to the other questions posted.

Who's going to take the lead?

I will, I just tried to call but its five here so they are closed I'm sure. Ill call in the morning and find out what I can. If anyone has other questions please get them up here so I can get them on my list.

the kegs are 40$ a piece from mcever dist. that is the company i contacted, spoke with and emailed. but if you can fanagle a better price lets do it.

If you are truly interested, please PM me. I did get a better price then Clovers last post. I was asked not to post our deal. So email me and let's see if we can put this together!

Bumping this thread up to see if you guys were successful in sourcing these at a reasonable price. I am looking for 2-4, and haven't found anything. Let me know if anyone would be interested in doing this again, or if you have a couple to get rid of.

Thanks!

Anything ever become of this? I would be in for 4-6 more ball locks depending on final prices

Latest posts

Back