Theiving Fruit Flies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob_B

Reaction score
Just watched this damned fruit fly go right into my bottle of Jolly Pumpkin Calabaza Blanca. little bastard has good taste!

image-3128668212.jpg

An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman are sitting in a bar. Suddenly, a fly dives into each of their beers. The Englishman says, "Barman, a fly just dived into my beer. Bring me another one." The Englishman got another beer. The Irishman says, "Ah, to hell with it," and empties his pint, fly and all. The Scotsman pulls the fly out of his beer, shakes it up and down, and screams, "Spit it oot, damn you! Spit it oot!"

LOL...I've noticed a few of the critters buzzing about when I put carboys in or pull them out of the ferment zone (the corner of my basement). Sooner or later I'm sure to find a wild yeast infection (as I understand, those vile vermin are lousy with wild yeast on their little legs). But I've yet to have that happen.

Funny I am brewing a Irish Red right now and a fly has been driving me nuts. I hit it and must have hurt it and of course he crash lands right into my brew pot.

Back