Mini Fridge into a kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Incogneato

Reaction score
While looking at craigslist I found a Magic Chef 4.4 cubic foot mini fridge for $10. Have you guys had any luck turning one of these into a kegerator? Also anyone recommend a kegerator conversion kit? I currently am kegging with a picnic tap.

terpsichoreankid did it on youtube...

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if it has a Freezer you can still fit one Corney keg in it!
Or two Converted 3 gallon Fire extinguishers!

(not the best photos, but you get the point)

100_6349.jpg

100_6344.jpg

Thats a great video.

I converted one of these fridges years ago to hold 1/4 barrels. Had to do the same thing to the door, but with a lot more foam removal. I didn't have room for the CO2 tank inside so I left it outside. Drilled a hole in the side and ran both the beer and CO2 lines through, sealing with some silicone.

Insulated the beer line with foam pipe insulation and ran it about 2.5 feet to a faucet mounted through a wall, coming out next to the kitchen sink on the other side. Was a great set up. :mug:

Hey Joe,

Just curious as to how you determined where to drill on top to run your lines into your tower. Looking through some other posts, it seems there's a line that runs through the top and it seems you've avoided it pretty well. Thanks!

Back