Just ran out of gas, am I ok until tomorrow?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bisco_Ben

Reaction score
Just pulled a pint and watched the regulator guage finally drop on me. Each keg has about 10 psi in it, maybe slightly less. Will my at least half empty kegs be ok until tomorrow when I can go get gas?

might consider removing the gas line from the keg - wouldn't want any beer sneaking into your lines. probably not a big deal if your kegs are not really full.

thanks for the quick responses guys. Glad my beer will be ok, going to prepare a bit more in advance next time i see the gauge getting low.

Save up for an extra tank and the you can just swap in the spare when this happens and have the empty one filled when you get time. This ensures that you can keep drinking when you want too. With my luck this would happen when after inviting people over to drink.

You'll be fine. I had a lead on my threaded connector to gas in on my 2nd outlet on the regulator. It bled out all the CO2 from a mostly new tank, and all the CO2 from both kegs attached.

I found out the hard way when I went to pull a pint and there was no pressure on the keg. I was pretty bummed, the beer was fine.

Back