Brewday Timer Program

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This looks like a kick ass brewtimer.

HBT.jpg

I don't have a brewday coming up for a few, but I hope to give this a spin.

http://www.beerbelliesbrew.com/Downloads/Brewday Timer Setup.exe

Site:
http://www.beerbelliesbrew.com/

That does look like a nice tool. But I would need to get a lap-top to run it while brewing, which would be really nice to have...

Thanks, now I am going to have to spend hundreds of dollars so I can run a free download!

AWSOME! So much for buying a timer and worrying about constantly resetting it. I run my PC on brew day anyway for BeerSmith, HBT, and Music.

Pretty cool. I just downloaded it on my laptop and will give it a try on my next batch.

Thanks olllllo

Kinda wish it would give a small alarm or maybe even a ding when each Hop Addition came up. The end pf the boil isn't really that part I forget. It's all the hop additions.

Kinda wish it would give a small alarm or maybe even a ding when each Hop Addition came up. The end pf the boil isn't really that part I forget. It's all the hop additions.

It's got hop alarms. Just make sure you set the timer after you imput each hop time otherwise they all set to your boil time or the next hop addition.

Looks more like mission control in Houston than a brewing program (but of course I'm going to try it out anyway).

That reminds me, I used this last weekend and it was pretty cool. You can save your configs for each of your recipes so you don't have to go thru all the BS setup each time you brew it. One problem, it didn't alarm for my hop editions. Didn't want to stop the timer to figure out why not but perhaps it was my PC freakin.

Since I'm a computer geek as for it not working with ME; uhm the workaround is an upgrade (to XP :)). Seems strange that it wouldn't work though. Probably try and fumble around on MS Web site to see if you can get the latest VB Runtime downloaded somehow.

Holy visual clutter, batman! The interface makes my eyes bleed!

Users -- does this thing look any better in real life? Can it be configured in some way so as to reduce the clutter?

Probably because it's Windows ME :cross: Seriously man, that OS is 8 years old! Time to upgrade.

I would but I am running an old e-machine 800mhz celeron 128 ram pc in the brewshed. Can't afford another pc right now and don't want to lug the laptop up here when I brew.
I just suffer for a while longer...

I am almost certain that this thing would cause me more screwups than it saves. I appreciate the geekery, but I think I'll stick with the dependable old $5 Timex with timer and alarms.

you know it goes along this line: the US sent millions designing a pen that will write in space. The Russian government gave there space boys a pencile and a sharpener...

At one time I downloaded version 2.0 of Brewday timer. It had a revamped UI and the option to download updates. The regular beerbellies brew website seems to now only have the older version. Is there a better link that has this newer version?

At one time I downloaded version 2.0 of Brewday timer. It had a revamped UI and the option to download updates. The regular beerbellies brew website seems to now only have the older version. Is there a better link that has this newer version?

Anything for OSX?

Used this program yesterday for the first time. I thought it was great. The hop addition screen is actually quite useful to view where you are in the boil and what's coming. I've been on the hunt for a multi step timer for a long time and my hunt ends now. Plus...it's free. Thanks so much Jon S! I added a custom sound file of "Ride of the Valkyries" for my alert tone too which made everything a little more badass. YMMV

I know there is no direct support for this program but i will have used for a couple of years and love it. Have switched to win7 and now it displays very large and is unusable any help would be great thanks in advance

Back