Wyeast 3724 Belgian Saison Fermentation Schedule

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KuntzBrewing

Reaction score
Unless this strain is heated to the 90s it is known to stall around 1.030.

I'm worried if I ferment the whole thing in the high 80s to 90s ill get 6gallons of fusel alcohol instead of a saison.

Does anyone want to share how they ferment with this yeast?

I'm thinking of a mid 60-70 for the most vigorous part (3-4 days), then let it rise in a swamp cooler (stop adding ice packs and maybe add hot water to get temps in the upper80s low 90s) for the remainder.

Yea, you'll want to start it in the mid 60s and ramp up a degree or two every day to avoid the fusel but still get the full range of flavors and help it finish.

How long does it usually take to finish? I have a batch going right now that I started a week ago. started at 70 for a day, bumped to the high 70s, held for a day or so more and climbed through the 80's over the course of a few days. Its holding at 92 degrees, where I've had it for about two days. took a gravity this morning, and I'm at 1.034, from a 1.059 starting gravity.

does this yeast usually take several weeks in the 90's to finish up?

I know I can add 3711 to speed it up, but im curious what other experiences are

How long does it usually take to finish? I have a batch going right now that I started a week ago. started at 70 for a day, bumped to the high 70s, held for a day or so more and climbed through the 80's over the course of a few days. Its holding at 92 degrees, where I've had it for about two days. took a gravity this morning, and I'm at 1.034, from a 1.059 starting gravity.

does this yeast usually take several weeks in the 90's to finish up?

I know I can add 3711 to speed it up, but im curious what other experiences are

Give it time. It will finish in a few weeks.

Back