GF exchange

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cainepolo12

Reaction score
Does anyone think it would be possible to set up some sort of exchange for home brewed GF products? I live in TN and we have very strange liquor laws. I'm not sure that it would even apply, but I'm always curious what you guys are coming up with and how different they are. Some of us may even have more commercial aspirations and would value feedback from the people who will actually be drinking their beers some day. I'm thinking of a pay to play sort of system with a rotation. Not sure if its interesting to anyone else, but is oils like to try new things without waiting several weeks between batches.

Wow, that does sound a lot like I meant that. Unto each his own, but I'll stick wih my wife and my beer.

I bet you get a lot of "read" page openers on this thread. I don't have a GF to exchange right now, unfortunately...

/looksovershoulderanddoesn'tseewifestandingbehind

While one needs a license to ship alcohol, and state laws do apply, shipping "yeast samples" appears to be less problematic. There are threads on here dedicated to shipping brews, and I know members of the GF forum have swapped brews in the past. I, for one, would love to swap brews with you guys if someone wants to look up a definitive thread on how to do it safely and without incurring the wrath of Johnny Law.

I am going to do some research into laws regarding shipping yeast samples and see what I can find. I will post what is available in this thread. If anyone else cares to dig, feel free to add input.

I would be in for an exchange...might be a few weeks though before I have something to trade

http://barlowbrewing.com/2010/11/11/how-to-pack-and-ship-beer/

I found this article. It appears that it would be okay to ship samples, as long as we aren't declaring them outright. Since UPS and FedEx are privately held, the legal ramifications are very different. I think it would be prudent to have an email list off of the web to make exchanges. We could do something like a newsletter. Any other thoughts out there?

If your interested pm me and I could set up a google group or something tonight

As far as I can tell, shipping lava lamps is not illegal, just against policy.

Latest posts

Back