Erlenmeyer Flask

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewboar

Reaction score
Do I have to use an Erlenmeyer flask what is a suitable substitution? If an Erlenmeyer flask is necessary, where would be a good place to find one at a reasonable price? And or a stir bar.

Use it for what? A lab experiment? Stem cell research?

If you mean for a yeast starter, then no, you don't have to use one. People use them because they work with stir plates. I use a gallon glass jug. I have also used a half gallon growler.

You can make a starter inside a boot if you want to, the flask is just nice because you can put it on the stove top.

bk, I hearby invite you to my house to make a starter in a boot. I cannot pay you to see that, but if I could, I would.

You can make a starter inside a boot if you want to, the flask is just nice because you can put it on the stove top.

I have used Cynmar to buy my labware. They have a great selection and were pretty easy to deal with. Their prices were quite good when I bought my flasks.

KayaBrew said:
Use it for what? A lab experiment? Stem cell research?

If you mean for a yeast starter, then no, you don't have to use one. People use them because they work with stir plates. I use a gallon glass jug. I have also used a half gallon growler.

Yea because we are here to talk about stem cell research.

Back