New basement setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tritonal

Reaction score
I just moved into my first house in April and finally have found time to setup my brewers bench. I still have to do all the actually brewing upstairs in the kitchen until I can get an electric build setup.

In the pick is 24 bottles of Apfelwein, 1 Gallon of Mead I started saturday and 5g of Great Pumpkin Ale I started saturday as well.

I still have wireshelves to put up and in the back left corner are 2 gun barrels I plan on mounting to the wall some how

20130909_164706.jpg

Lots of room to work with! Def chest freezer! I just got one for cheap with a controlled temp..one of the best purchases i've made since homebrewing.

I plan on staying at 1 gallon of Mead per batch for now and 5 gallons of beer. I'd love to do more but lack the equipment for now. My goal as of now is to have atleast 2 batches of beer bottled at a time and by this time next year 1 bottled and 2 kegged .

looking good, jealous of the space i have to move mine from the garage to the backyard to brew and then upstairs to ferment, Its exercise to say the least.

Dude, move that bench away from the window, put in a fume hood (i did mine for about $250) and brew inside year round!

Ha you want to come over and help me move this thing? It's solid as a rock and heavy as hell guess thats why the previous owners left it. In my brewers dream world I'd be doing exactly that. Maybe in the future. I want to build a couple of heat sticks first.

If you were in Maine then hell yes! if you get the bench moved, there is a window right there you can vent to!

If you were in Maine then hell yes! if you get the bench moved, there is a window right there you can vent to!

If you were in Maine then I'd ask you to bring some lobsters and then get over to Michigan to help the poor guy move the bench. :D

I am envious of the space here. Makes me wish I had a basement or just space to do this ... and funds. :)

Congrats on the new home. Looks like you have a really nice space there to do something great with! Take your time and have fun with it. I have been building my basement brewery for over a year now and it's 90% complete, but life and business keep getting in the way. I live up in the Oxford about 15 miles north of the Palace of Auburn Hills. Once I wrap mine up, you are more than welcome to make the drive up to my house to check it out and maybe get a few ideas. Let me know if I can help. :mug:

Oxford isn't to far from here in Saint Clair Shores. I'd be glad to check it out when its all set up and swap some homebrews! Speaking of which I just freed up my 5 gallon bucket so I'll be getting my next batch in this weekend if all goes well!

oooh good space - I'm working on a basement build as well, but it's going to take me forever to finish it... $300 a year budget and that includes all other brewing expenses (grain, equipment, etc.) I burn through it in no time. It will happen though!

good luck to you sir

Dude, move that bench away from the window, put in a fume hood (i did mine for about $250) and brew inside year round!

Here in VT I try to brew indoors .. (at least mash) .. can you tell a bit about your venting solution for the boil ?? (I still boil on the porch)

Lookin good Tritonal! Very good start indeed. That bench looks perfect for transferring and bottling. Congrats on home ownership!

I too am planning a basement brewery. Right now my gear is spread out in several places aroun the house. I would like to know if ventilation is necessary for a large room..? I am an biab / partial extract brewer.

My goal as of now is to have atleast 2 batches of beer bottled at a time and by this time next year 1 bottled and 2 kegged .

Back