conical help plz!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ApertureBrewing

Reaction score
submitted this in equipment forum but got no replies:

Long time lurker here but I don't post much. I am in the process of upgrading my homebrew system to a 1bbl Blichmannn electric setup (Kal clone). I'm also fairly new to conicals and have done a TON of reading on them but have still not made up my mind. In considering how to ferment 30 gallons of product, I've gone back and forth between buying the 1bbl

Blichmann (42 gallons) or getting two smaller conicals, perhaps the Blichmann 27 gallon or even the 22 gallon Brewhemoth. Ultimately I don't have a problem forking over the money for the Blichmann gear **if** it's worth the extra dough. I'm having trouble seeing why I should spend more in this case.

Some questions I have:

1. If I buy the Brewhemoth, what else do I need to purchase to make life easier? Do they come with valves?

2. Do either the Blichmanns or Brewhemoths fit better for an upright fridge? If I get two of them I may just build something instead of getting 2 fridges...

3. I am open to other suggestions. Any others I should consider?

Back