argh~~!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandoman

Reaction score
Just a note to mention this to all you other space cadet.

I'm a moderately anal brewer and I'm trying the second batch of my APA to rival EdWorts. This ones important to see if I can be consistent. ANyway, I forgot to take my OG. Great, now I'll just have to go by "feel"

I know you've done it, come on!

Just thought I'd share

MM:fro: :fro:

happens to me all the time. Go back to your soft ware and check what the potential og is and go from there. if all else fails you can just go with the 1, 2, 3 rule and 99% of the time you will be just fine.

Same here. Happens to the best of us...especially if you've got a sixer of homebrew coursing through your veins and it's 4:30 am and all you want to do is get to bed. ;)

Just estimate it with software like krispy kreme says. Estimate your efficiency based on what you normally get with whatever mash schedule you used.

Of course, I've never done that. :D
Neither have I ever:
  • forgotten the Irish Moss
  • forgotten to put the false bottom in the kettle before adding the hops
  • left the kettle spigot open when sparging into it
  • racked wort into a container that was too small to hold the entire volume
  • forgotten to turn the water tap on for the wort chiller
etc.

Those are just some of the things that readily come to mind
If my memory was better, I could probably think of a whole bunch more.

-a.

ajf said:
Of course, I've never done that. :D
Neither have I ever:
  • left the kettle spigot open when sparging into it

-a.

• I pulled that one one time and some of the wort ran right out on my toe b/c the MLT was on the ground. I didn't lose enough wort to effect my beer at all, but wow did it hurt.

Putting your immersion chiller in the kettle without looking at were the outflow hose is... That water in there heats up real quick to burn your foot:eek:

I got the wort down to 85f with tap water, so time to hook up the pump and run some ice water through it. After about 10mins I noticed the temp had not dropped:confused:
Aha, I wasn't running it through the chiller just a circle from icewater tub through pump back to water tub.:mad:
I had to go get more ice to finish the job.

Back