Shirron or Perlick?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I'll find out soon- they do make a forward sealing faucet with some plastic and brass instead of the all SS one. I hope I don't have to send mine back, but if I do, at least I'll know the right part number!

I got my faucets today and they are the correct ones (425SS not the 425S which has some plastic). Both product numbers are on my invoice- 133462 is the product number and 851300 is listed under the description heading. I now just await my tower!

I ordered some Perlicks from Superprod.com today and should have them by Friday. I went with the Perlicks considering there is a ten dollar difference and upstanding members like Dude and OlllllO seem to be satisfied with thiers.

I did not have a catalog so I used the same part number as has been listed already--133462.

That's another reason why I love this forum, you guys save me money. :mug:

Well, I received my Perlicks yesterday and in the process of installing them I realized the machining deficiencies that people are talking about. The "teeth" at the back of the faucet were not beveled inward and are impossible to install on the tower.

I intend to call Superprod.com today and hope this situation can be resolved. I really do hope that this is a one time occurance.

EDIT: Superprod.com is shipping a replacement w/o requiring the bad part back. So as long as my replacement is in good condition, I'll at least have some spare parts for my troubles.

can you post a picture? all of my perlicks were machined well and mated well with my shanks.

I'll post a picture tonight when I get home comparing my chrome faucets with the Perlick.

EDIT:
666-IMG_0386.JPG
[/IMG]

666-IMG_0385.JPG
[/IMG]

EDIT again: the Perlick is the one on the right, and it should be apparent that there is no beveling for the teeth.
Superprod.com has agreed to ship another, so I'm not trying to bash the Perlicks--i might have just got a bad one.

Back