What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I meant to do it. I realized how crazy I was being at the prospect of having people to do something with. It's pathetic, I know.

Not at all...I'm kinda happy to have met someone else to talk to about brewing! Wow...up later than I was planning. I think I need to grab one of those 60 minute IPA's from Dogfish...so I can free up another bottle! I have a 5 gallon batch of hefe to bottle and about 14 bottles available, most of which still have labels on them. I guess I'm going to have to go buy some more.

Not drinking enough then! I have 4 functinal kegs (out of 5) with only 1 full, and at least 200 empty delabeled bottles that need beer in them

Not drinking enough then! I have 4 functinal kegs (out of 5) with only 1 full, and at least 200 empty delabeled bottles that need beer in them

I have 5 batches of cider, 4 batches of beer and a batch of pineapple mead bottle conditioning. I haven't graduated to kegs yet...and can only drink so much! (Also, most really needs to age before I drink it...one batch of stout is drinkable. I'll work up to a back=stock of bottles eventually...may need to troll Craig's List though to keep SWMBO from complaining about the expense. Already getting a little grief for taking up a corner of the bedroom with storage for boxes of bottles!

Coff.

Just a little too much to drink last night. Just a little.

Too many stouts last night. Not feeling very stout today myself. So I'm drinking some sort of clear non-alcoholic substance. Its kinda tasteless too.

Got started with some Chelektu Yirga Cheffe. Half way through the mash on bier de mars, I think I'm actually going to brew two beers today. I should probably eat breakfast before I have a beer...

Well maybe a wee fermenter sample while I make breakfast. I'm rebrewing this today, so it's for science!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390753224.104284.jpg

One more IPA, not one more berr...

View attachment 174867

Berr, beer ...sloppy sat

Stillwater existent, black saison
EDIT -what movie? Just turned on original Alien- tom skerrit is young...

It WAS ghost protocol, but that ended when the little one woke up. I had to lay with him to get him to fall back asleep; when I came out, the swmbo was asleep.

Hosting the 4yo birthday party, only one of 4 families showed. About to break out the esb.

Got taken out of bed way to early this morning by the fiancee to go have breakfast and go to the grocery store. Just back, on the upside Ruthless Rye was on sale so I grabbed a sixer. Gonna have a PBR or two then probably naptime!

A little Barleywine while cleaning the bar, de-labeling some bottles and watching some college hoops.

Don't judge me for my choice in glassware. It fits nearly the whole bomber in one pour.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390757138.788653.jpg

French pressed Ethiopian coffee from a small brewery/coffee shop that roasts their beans on site. Decided I'm gonna start roasting my own. Nothing beats a fresh, proper roast. I can't stand over-roasted coffee

Back from shopping for the a Super Bowl.

'Bout to secondary my danky black ale. So I can free-up a primary for tomorrow's brew day.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390758454.066586.jpg

What do you think for your first barleywine?

I have no frame of reference to compare it to other barleywines but it's a good beer. A little funkier than I typically look for in a beer. The ABV is not disguised.

I'd drink it again but wouldn't put it my normal rotation.

Sad part is, I was more excited about the Timothy Taylor Landlord than anything else (including the Cantillon). Last I was aware, that stuff was not exported to the US. The guy told me Shelton Bros hooked em up with a few cases. I don't know if it's just DC liquor laws (basically bars can grey market beer legally), but it had US labeling/warnings and the bottle redemption stuff for various states, so maybe they've started importing it.

In any event, that stuff was delicious. And tasted a LOT like my Ordinary Bitter (which I need to brew again soon, and I'm not shocked, considering I use Timothy Taylor's yeast for anything English)

Our homebrew club has had good luck getting gigantic TT yeast slurries from the Gordon Biersch in Rockville. Makes really great English styles.

a hydro sample of my first Brett only w/ Nelson hops. went from 1.056 down to 1.005. gonna let it "rest" now that it's finally dropping clear. I think high carb will be good on this one. I have plenty of Belgian bottles & corks.

That sounds floccin tasty!! Nelson + Brett = deeeericious

I now have 100 clean, de-labeled, empty bottles and not one drop of beer in the pipeline. Oh, and exactly 12 oz of homebrew in the fridge (not counting what Hello recently sent).

I now have 100 clean, de-labeled, empty bottles and not one drop of beer in the pipeline. Oh, and exactly 12 oz of homebrew in the fridge (not counting what Hello recently sent).

:eek: I've got a couple beers for you if it ever looks like they won't explode on the way there. More record lows here this week, buy I'm loving the mid 40s today.

More cream ale, just opened a pound of Nugget for bittering the bier de mars. Smells fantastic!

Our homebrew club has had good luck getting gigantic TT yeast slurries from the Gordon Biersch in Rockville. Makes really great English styles.

That it does. My favorite yeast hands down. I just use the Wyeast 1469 West Yorkshire (which is the TT strain), and repitch it multiple times.

That it does. My favorite yeast hands down. I just use the Wyeast 1469 West Yorkshire (which is the TT strain), and repitch it multiple times.

I am just too lazy to grow up starters. When I am getting ready for an esb or English brown, I'll get a three quart slurry from them and be good.

Back