Beer Related Gifts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wife2Brewer

Reaction score
Hi Brewers! Any suggestions on the best gifts for a guy who loves to brew? He's pretty new to this, so he doesn't have much stuff yet. I'm thinking books, brewing tools & accessories, or unique brews. Thanks for any suggestions!

Specifically, does anyone know the book Tasting Beer: An Insider's Guide to the World's Greatest Drink , by Randy Mosher?

Thanks in Advance!

What's your beer budget looking like?? You can go from a fermentation bucket all the way to fully automated system.

This and a 20 quart plus cooking pot (stainless steel, ideally) would be enough to get him making beer fairly cheaply.

Hello, I'm thinking that you can't really go wrong in this area. Whatever brewing-related item you get for him will be appreciated as it shows that you support him in this and he'll like that. Books are always good (although I'm not familiar with the one that you mentioned. "How To Brew" by John Palmer is a great general book about brewing. I'm currently reading "The Brewmasters Table" by Garrett Oliver from Brooklyn Brewery about his beginnings and pairing food with beer. It's a good read.

You could look into gift certificates to either the local homebrew shop that he gets his supplies from or from an online shop like www.brewmasterswarehouse.com. That way, he can spend the money on the things he knows he needs.

Good luck to you and thanks for supporting him!

My budget is less than the Brew Magic, although I'm pretty sure he dreams about something like that! I'd say my budget is more like $50-$75, because I don't want to only get him beer stuff. Thanks so much for your suggestions so far!

Johnny, I just looked at The Brewmaster's Table, and I think he would LOVE that! Great suggestion. I don't know if I would have found that one on my own! Thanks!

Also, he does have a kit & cooking pot-- he's done a few good batches already. Are there small in-between upgrades, before jumping to the full fancy system? Are glass fermenters any better than the plastic?

I figure I'm giving you guys a place to brainstorm your own christmas lists, so hopefully you'll get good ideas for yourselves too! :)

My budget is less than the Brew Magic, although I'm pretty sure he dreams about something like that! I'd say my budget is more like $50-$75, because I don't want to only get him beer stuff. Thanks so much for your suggestions so far!

double stick tape a bottle opener to your navel and strap a cap catcher around your waiste. Greet him christmas morning in that and nothing else but a bottle of beer.

Cost you less than $30 and he'll likely never forget.

Might wanna make it a breakfast stout tho'. And get plenty of sleep the night before.

double stick tape a bottle opener to your navel and strap a cap catcher around your waiste. Greet him christmas morning in that and nothing else but a bottle of beer.

Cost you less than $30 and he'll likely never forget.

Might wanna make it a breakfast stout tho'. And get plenty of sleep the night before.

I think that's better for an anniversary gift ;) Christmas is a family day, right? Dirty, but I'll admit I laughed thinking about his reaction!

For me in that range the best thing I got was a turkey fryer from Home Depot or Lowes. They can normally be had for around $40-50. This should include a big 7-8 gallon pot and a propane burner. Might work out better for you too, it'll get him out of the kitchen.

If he doesn't have a wort chiller, you might check out a good immersion chiller. That fits about into your budget.

If he has a favorite style or two, you can check out the Classic Beer Style Series books (just do an Amazon search for "classic beer style series, and they should all come up). Those run about $10/book, but most of them are full of great information that applies to all brewing.

The Mosher book is very good and a fun read, but it has very little brewing information. His other big book, "Radical Brewing" is great fun for a brewer to read. Another good book is "Designing Great Beers," by Ray Daniels.

Next, point your hubby over here, so we can all tell him what a great wife he has!

TL

I will give you all credit whenever I give him his gifts :) ... he's on this site a lot, and will most likely see this... but I made up a birthdate & location that are not true, so he shouldn't figure out it's me! I can see why he likes it here, you all are great! I think I'll save this list for ideas for future birthdays, etc. Thanks again!

Back