I heart Craigslist!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Couevas

Reaction score
:ban:CL has come through in the clutch again!

Last night, I scored the following for $98 total:

2ea 5 gal carboys with handles and thermo strips
1 beer thief
3 airlocks
~12 bungs
copper immersion chiller
bucket w/lid
hydrometer
floating thermometer
about 200 grolsch bottles (with hinge pop-top)

Tonight, I am picking up a near new chest freezer (5 feet long ~20ft^3) for 40 bucks

A couple weeks ago, I placed a want add for kegs. By the end of the day I had 3 for a total of $35.

SCORE:mug:

Anyone else have good experiences they want to share?

Wow! Nope, I placed an ad and the only answer I got was one of those Mr.Beer getups. That's not what I'm wanting, but maybe I need to try again!

I think I remember seeing that ad for the keg..lol

Nice scores man.

I havent had any good recent finds.

Wow... nice haul. So far I've collected about 50 flip tops for $20 which I was pretty excited about. And the other day I found a listing for a lab closing and picked up a 1000mL and 2000mL erlenmeyer flask with 2 stir bars for $5. So yeah, I <3 craigslist too.

I bought a 5 lb CO2 tank and regulator for $20 and a Danby mini fridge that I converted into a kegerator for $50. :rockin:

I check CL just about every day for brewing stuff.

Just got a response for a free 10lb or 20lb CO2 tank. Dude was gonna throw it out, and isn't interested in anything I have to trade, so told me I can have it!! Picked up an old GE fridge for free earlier this week that works great after cleaning the coils (stays cold and barely runs to do so!!). Now all I need is a regulator and kegs, and I should be getting an old O2 regulator that I can convert from my stepfather for free :D That just leaves kegs... Anyone willing to trade some computer parts for a couple of kegs in northern Indiana, southern Michigan??

I never thought of craigslist till i saw your post and i searched my local craigslist and today i bought:

12 mini kegs with stoppers
Beer king mini keg tap
CO2 cartridges
Aluminum brew pot w/ huge spoon
6 gallon bucket
6 gallon glass carboy w/ thermometer
hydrometer
floating thermometer
and misc. brushes, bungs, tubing, airlocks, strainers

all for $20!!! :mug:

In the past I have scored kegs, a co2 tank w/ regulator, and misc. brewing odds and ends. Its probably time for another add looking for gear. Gotta love CL.

Cheers

My first brew happened a few days ago using the kit I bought on Craigslist.

Included:
12-13qt stainless brewpot (about a 3gal capacity)
6.5gal carboy w/ handle
7gal bottling bucket
4 pieces of tubing, different sizes, w/ little black rubber squeezie ball to start siphons with.
1 racking cane
1 plastic bottle drying tree with 5 stacking segments
3 of those rubber stoppers with the holes drilled in em
3 steeping bags of verious sizes
1 three-piece airlock
1 thermometer
1 bottle of iodophor
1 carboy brush
3 baggies with random stuff I don't even know what to do with. Carboy caps, screw tops, stoppers, yeast packets, little plastic things.
3 cases of bottles. One of the cases is the Grolsch pop top kind. One case is 22oz Fat Tire bottles, the other case is basically sam adams bottles.
1 Party Pig. Random and I don't know what it's for.

There is some other junk too. Scored it all for 150 bucks. Went and picked it up then headed straight to my LHBS for ingredients. Got an APA happily fermenting in my garage for my first brew.

Thank you Craigslist :ban:

The most recent thing I bought off of CL was two ball lock cornies and three 6.5 gallon fermenters along with some airlocks and other stuff for 100 bucks.

I got a 100 dollar kegerator off there.

10 kegs for 90 dollars.

I also got an 11 gallon stainless kettle for 35 bucks. I have a lot of luck on there. :)

my recent craigslist plunder:

1 Glass carboy
1 Cooper's plastic carboy
2 airlocks
1 stopper
2 hydrometers
1 racking cane
1 syphoning tube
24-22 oz bottles
48-12 oz bottles
1 can Cooper's Lager
1 can light LME
1 lb. corn sugar
1 bag carbonation drops
"homebrewing for dummies"

.... grand total: $85.

CL score... I just got a chest freezer from some guys back from Afgan that has a built in thermostat that can take it from refrigerator to zero, so I don't need an external thermostat. It holds 7 cornys and probably two cases of 12 oz bottles... for $65.

The catch is that it's a 220 volt but they threw in a 110 converter. I have it plugged in a cooling down now. Seems to work!

Th irony that a freezer from Afghanistan and made in Pakistan is being used to chill and serve beer, overcomes me .:tank:

Another CL score here too, got a nice two gauge regulator on a trade for an old DVD player I wasn't using anymore! Free CO2 tank, regulator, and fridge. That's all the more expensive parts of my new kegerator for free :D

Keggle with ball valve and thermometer
50' imersion chiller
2- 7 gallon Glass Carboys
Pump
Bottling Bucket
Box of assorted arilocks, racking cains etc.

100 Bucks :cool:

Back