Things a Homebrewer Thinks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you're re-financing your house,saving enough to keep up on things. Cosmetic repairs/upgrades to make SWMBO happy so I can build a fermenting cabinet to go on top of my fermenter stand & be able to afford at least 2 batches per month again! Not to mention,other man cave upgrades.Fix car as well. HOORAH!

After work yesterday I'm driving home with the windows down in 70 degree weather and stopped by Winco to pick up 6 gallons of TreeTop Apple Juice so I can start a batch of cider when I get home. A little later, I'm driving home from the LHBS with a cold pack of yeast tucked in the center console to keep it cool. On the freeway with about 40 minutes to go, I take out the pack of Wyeast, give it a good SMACK, shake it up, set it on the passenger seat in the sun, and roll up the windows. Twenty minutes later, I'm driving up the curvy country road to my house with the heater on high, shaking and flapping the yeast pack on my leg to the beat of the music. The whole time I'm thinking, "Something just seems wrong about this." (The pack was nicely swollen within an hour after I got home, about the time I got done sanitizing and filling the bucket with juice.)

"I've got 2 taps flowing with full kegs. 2 back up kegs full, carbed, and ready to go. I've got 3 cases of well aged Russian Imperial Stout, 2 year old Barleywine, and a fresh Saison..... but all fermentors are empty. I NEED TO BREW :eek:

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395437439.192706.jpg

Man I love getting off at 4 every Friday! Especially on the first Friday of spring to enjoy homebrew and grill steaks and smoke a pipe and read Tolkien all at once!

When you're re-financing your house,saving enough to keep up on things. Cosmetic repairs/upgrades to make SWMBO happy so I can build a fermenting cabinet to go on top of my fermenter stand & be able to afford at least 2 batches per month again! Not to mention,other man cave upgrades.Fix car as well. HOORAH!

I just did this recently but its only for 2 mr beer kegs not full fermenters, but it allows me to do 4 batches a month.

http://www.skittersmurf.us/index.php/skittbrewing/108-dualkegfermentationchamber

My baby... Need to add Weatherstripping on the openings but other than than holds temp good

I was thinking of using 1/2" ply wood,finish sanded. Insulate with that blue Styrofoam stuff with foil on one side. A little molding over the edges to purty it up & stain to match the light colored wood in the house. Oak plank flooring in place of the carpet,etc. I want to be able to brew my hybrid lagers all year round. I have a Cooper's Micro brew FV,7.9G pail,& 6G better bottle so I could do 3 5 gallon batches a month.

I'm making it my goal to surpass my states legal maximum of homebrew this year

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Didn't realize states ha individual levels. Thought it was just the federal limit. 100gallons per year or 200 with a household of 2 or more of drinking age or >

Sent from somewhere to someone

When at the parents house. A few home brews in. Drinking from their well water, directly from the faucet of course, my first thought, "this water is so cold it would be great to run through an immersion chiller!"

Yea in nj it's 200 gallons. Lol not to difficult. That's only 177.7 12 packs if my quick math was right. Haha. Ill figure something out to do with it

Im not happy till all my carboys are full. All my carboys are full, must get new carboys. Im not happy till all my carboys are full. All my carboys are full, must get new carboys. Im not happy till all my carboys are full. All my carboys are full, must get new carboys.......

Im not happy till all my carboys are full. All my carboys are full, must get new carboys. Im not happy till all my carboys are full. All my carboys are full, must get new carboys. Im not happy till all my carboys are full. All my carboys are full, must get new carboys.......
+1

Just bought two more, must fill, oh crap, need more...

I read once on the internet that drinking excessive amounts of alcohol can cause severe health complications and even death. It was at that time I decided to myself, that's it I'm never reading again!

I need more bottles because I have only enough to keep three batches at any one time. I'm sure this mindset will never change, no matter how much I'm able to keep!

I need more bottles because I have only enough to keep three batches at any one time. I'm sure this mindset will never change, no matter how much I'm able to keep!

I just got rid of 30 cases of beer because I got a new keg system. I kept enough to bottle 2 batches in 12 oz crown tops, 30+ 22oz bombers, and 30 17 oz swing tops "just in case." I've already used them, and have others earmarked for future owing brews.

Is there a problem using Sam Adams bottles? I hope not because I just got a little over a case given to me this past weekend.

Nothing at all, save for the logo cast into the glass. I wanted plain bottles for the majority of my stash. They're in great shape & ready to go.

I don't work after 4:30 unless I have to. Wait, meet and greet at St Arnold's Brewery? I'm down!

- You talk the misses into expanding the size of that planned room addition to the house. You claim a laundry room can never be too large while thinking about how much more room for brewing you'll have.

Back