Things a Homebrewer Thinks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't see the news, what contaminant was it? We're dealing with the LACK of water out here in CA. But Obama came to town and he's gonna fix everything!... ugh.

If we are forced into drought restrictions all the more necessary to visit the water dispensing machines...

Norther CA water solutions (that will not happen):
A - Stop sending water to Southern CA (sorry if you are in southern CA, they failed to build proper water storage infrastructure)
or
B - Let the farmers in the central valley tap the aqueduct

It will be really fun when the next snow pack is 300% of normal hopefully it does not melt all at once...

If we are forced into drought restrictions all the more necessary to visit the water dispensing machines...

Norther CA water solutions (that will not happen):
A - Stop sending water to Southern CA (sorry if you are in southern CA, they failed to build proper water storage infrastructure)
or
B - Let the farmers in the central valley tap the aqueduct

It will be really fun when the next snow pack is 300% of normal hopefully it does not melt all at once...

...or C - screw that stupid little inedible fish and the Endangered Species Act protecting it and pump more water to the San Joaquin Valley farmers that need it so badly. There's actually enough for them AND SoCal if it's managed correctly, but I'm all for cutting off SoCal too. As for managing flood waters and rapid snow melt (and levees), that's what I do for a living, so let it rain and snow! Wait, how did we get so far off topic?

...or C - screw that stupid little inedible fish and the Endangered Species Act protecting it and pump more water to the San Joaquin Valley farmers that need it so badly. There's actually enough for them AND SoCal if it's managed correctly, but I'm all for cutting off SoCal too. As for managing flood waters and rapid snow melt (and levees), that's what I do for a living, so let it rain and snow! Wait, how did we get so far off topic?

Because we are homebrewers and this is what we think.

Gunna brew the first week of March,& fire up the bbq pit on my birthday the 31st. Wish I'd have had the cash to brew this month. I wanted a fresh red ale to go with some honey-mustard ribs.

I just want the snow off my porch and enough warmth (60's) so that I can install the high heat rope around the door of my smoker...

Bought cheap and discovered a 1/4" gap all around the door... causes many issues.

While brewing this winter-
I wonder how much do I need to crack the garage door for adequate ventilation...

JW Dover doesn't carry the brands of grains I usually order,but I may have to to get it barely ready in time when We get paid the 28th of this month. I'm gonna look in my best of BYO 250 classic recipes for a good one?!...

I think I'll make a Double Imperial Blueberry Hot Pepper Wild Bourbon Barrel Lambic Sour Wheat Acorn Pumpkin Belgian Carrot Anise Radish Barleywine Stout IPA. It will take hundreds of dollars and years to finish, but it taste so weird that people will line up to taste it. Then they'll tell their friends and I'll be rich! Thousands will rush to drink a beer they don't like and can't describe!
Or maybe I'll just make a nice pale ale to have with dinner.

I think I'll make a Double Imperial Blueberry Hot Pepper Wild Bourbon Barrel Lambic Sour Wheat Acorn Pumpkin Belgian Carrot Anise Radish Barleywine Stout IPA. It will take hundreds of dollars and years to finish, but it taste so weird that people will line up to taste it. Then they'll tell their friends and I'll be rich! Thousands will rush to drink a beer they don't like and can't describe!

The pale ale sound so lame. Do the first one ;)

How would you carbonate the first one? DME sounds like a good option....

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

It would have to be fermented five drops at a time, in a Madagascar Pitcher Plant. (admittedly I did see one of these in my local garden nursery and thought about it...):drunk:
450px-Pitcher_plant_Madagascar.jpg

God this microbiology class is awful... oh wait, did I just hear the word fermentation? Oh my god we're talking about yeast, maybe I still have a chance... never have I been so excited to hear the simple word fermentation...

"OH ****," as the tip of the plastic spigot on my FULL bottling bucket breaks off in my hand. Time to grab the siphon and fill 'em the old fashioned way. But this gives me an excuse to hit the LHBS tomorrow for a replacement... better grab the ingredients for my next batch while I'm there!

Edit: Done. Time to brew!

"OH ****," as the tip of the plastic spigot on my FULL bottling bucket breaks off in my hand. Time to grab the siphon and fill 'em the old fashioned way. But this gives me an excuse to hit the LHBS tomorrow for a replacement... better grab the ingredients for my next batch while I'm there!

It's all about being green and saving gas.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

"Why do I check HBT at work; all it does is make me want a beer."

(days after bottling): "I wonder if I can get away with keeping one bottle at work so I can tell when it clarifies. Then maybe I can keep that bottle in a desk drawer and polish it off after work someday. Wait, that world make me look like a total alcoholic. Whoa, wait, am I becoming an alcoholic? Nah, just turn off HBT and get back to work."

"Why do I check HBT at work; all it does is make me want a beer."

(days after bottling): "I wonder if I can get away with keeping one bottle at work so I can tell when it clarifies. Then maybe I can keep that bottle in a desk drawer and polish it off after work someday. Wait, that world make me look like a total alcoholic. Whoa, wait, am I becoming an alcoholic? Nah, just turn off HBT and get back to work."
i plan to +1 this in 4 months

If my Skeeter Pee gets infected, would that be classified as a urinary track infection? If so, would a Urologist be able to help? Would that be covered by my health insurance?
Mmmmmmm.............. Skeeter Pee. :D

The more I watch the news or read the newspaper, I worry that the great America that I once knew may never be again. But when I went to a Kroger in Buckhead Atlanta and saw that they have a growler refill program, with Dragons Milk at $5.50 for 32 oz or Terrapinn Woo Hoo Chocolate Milk Stout for $5.00 for 32 oz, that warm glow of hope began to glow again. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393806421.754274.jpg

So I've been brewing and reading HBT for one year now, I need to go through my stack of brew sheets and see how many batches I've done! Wait... I have very little beer in the house now, and SWMBO didn't drink much, and I haven't given much away... so I drank almost all of what I've made... I'm not sure I want to know how many 5.5 gallon batches of beer and cider I've polished off in a single year... that's a lot of friggin beer... ... ... oh well, let's go see how the Pilsner is coming along!

EDIT: 6 beers and 2 ciders so far, and 2 beers and 1 cider in the works. For the record, 1 beer and 2 ciders got dumped. So (6+2)*5.5=44 gallons of brew down the hatch in the past year, plus whatever I had to buy at the store to get more bottles. ;) Damn, that sounds like a lot! Oh, and the Pilsner it's looking good!

The more I watch the news or read the newspaper, I worry that the great America that I once knew may never be again. But when I went to a Kroger in Buckhead Atlanta and saw that they have a growler refill program, with Dragons Milk at $5.50 for 32 oz or Terrapinn Woo Hoo Chocolate Milk Stout for $5.00 for 32 oz, that warm glow of hope began to glow again. View attachment 183273

Now that is wicked cool! My Kroger has nothing like this. :confused:

We haven't had Krogers around here in some 25 years or so. Fisher's & Fazio's gone too. And Meyer-Goldberg,who first got the lottery & Stroh's Bock. Really miss that one. Good for you on the cheap growler refills. :mug:

It does increase the chance that the beer will live to see the summer instead of being consumed in a Spring of weakness.

Back