Tap my Ride

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Freaking awesome. Imaging rolling into the parking lot with that. I may have to do this to my old truck.

Bike N Brew said:
Yeah, I'd have to believe that violates the open container laws in most states...

Thats what I was thinking. Sounds like a DWI in the making. I don't like to advertise the fact I have been drinking when im driving.

They are kinda pricey on the parts. For less money I can have one of these in the back of my Tahoe and not worry about being pulled over later. It has the added benefit of being more portable than a Subaru. :D

Beer2Go-1.jpg

Beer2Go-PartsList.jpg

It's still cool, but I would never drill a hole in the side of any of my cars.

Well don't have it hooked up while driving and don't drink and drive. Then no worries. It is kind of like chugging brown bottled rootbeer while passing a cop. He might pull you over, but in the end you are right and he is wrong.

My exes family had a hole drilled for this in the side of their RV and it was great. They had rigged it so it was very easy to just attach the tap and go for it. They spend a week at a time up at the beach, so having the keg around was always a great idea.

carnevoodoo said:
My exes family had a hole drilled for this in the side of their RV and it was great. They had rigged it so it was very easy to just attach the tap and go for it. They spend a week at a time up at the beach, so having the keg around was always a great idea.

This is an excellent use of a RVF (Remote Vehicular Faucet). ;)

Totally Fing stupid. First, this guy obviously has to clean road salt out of the faucet when he gets to the drinking venue. If you leave the faucet in the shank, it's only a matter of time before it's stolen. Is it really that hard to pull the keg out of the back and dispense on the ground. It's not even a convenient height. Oh well, I guess I'm a glass is half empty kind of guy.

Bobby_M said:
Totally Fing stupid. First, this guy obviously has to clean road salt out of the faucet when he gets to the drinking venue. If you leave the faucet in the shank, it's only a matter of time before it's stolen. Is it really that hard to pull the keg out of the back and dispense on the ground. It's not even a convenient height. Oh well, I guess I'm a glass is half empty kind of guy.

a FAQ from their website:
What do I do when I'm done tailgating?

Simply remove the tap faucet and beer line by hand and store it in the vehicle. Secure the keg as you normally would and you're on your way!

Why do more lifting then you need to with the keg?:confused: Looks like a pretty discreet solution to me.;)

This may have application in the form of keeping you from re-entering the boat, while at anchor in the shallows...

Glibbidy said:
Simply remove the tap faucet and beer line by hand and store it in the vehicle. Secure the keg as you normally would and you're on your way!

I wonder if they leave the shank installed? You could put a stainless faucet plug on the shank and that should help reduce the whistling sound as your drive around with a hole in in your quarterpanel.

One of these from Micromatic should do the job.

MP-070.jpg

I saw some pix that looked like the shank remains installed. They provide a handy cap/cover that pops on, and makes it look virtually invisible.

Bobby_M said:
For a second there I forgot that we're a society that makes millionaires of the inventors of the Magic Bullet blender and other useless infomercial wares.

Hey, I *almost* bought a Magic Bullet!

Actually, for the longest time I refused to buy Oxyclean, because I have such a distaste for anything that is advertised by Billy Mays.

Oxyclean is a diamond in the rough though. He gets a pass for that one. BUT.... I'd never have any if the supermarkets didn't pick it up because I'm not sending Billy Mays my money.

Dave's (Freshops, Oregon Trail brewery) four tapper catering truck:

beer_pour.gif

[Blond not included]

If you want to really impress this crowd, someone ought to integrate a steam injected mash system with an automobile- using the engine heat off the manifold.

- it would also have to use the native ODB-II system to control temps, etc.

Latest posts

Back