BCS Temperature probe location

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redrider736

Reaction score
Just wondering were is the best location to install the 1/4" coupler for the Immersion temperature probes in my Keggle build ?

I am guessing it would depend on your batch size that you are planning to brew? Would it be on the same level that I am installing my Thermometer ?

I mounted mine as low as I could, around the 3 gallon mark, since I do 5 gallon batches. I do not use a second thermometer.

I mounted mine as low as I could, around the 3 gallon mark, since I do 5 gallon batches. I do not use a second thermometer.

ThX. I am planning to do 5gallon batches as well. Are you using a 6" probe ?

My wife says I put 6 in the tun, but I thought it was bigger :cross:

4" in HLT and BK. 6" in MT.
I just looked at my keggles, and the temp probes are located somewhere between the 2 and 2.5 gallon mark.

No reason really. I thought putting the probe tip a little closer to the center of the mash might be better, so I put a 6" probe in the MT. A shorter probe is probably less likely to be damaged from stirring, though.

Back